Mahina Durability....need advice...

ryrybaby12

O.G.
Aug 20, 2008
DMV
Hey all,

Just a quick question and opinion needed. I am looking for a great spring/summer bag. Keep in mind, I live in AZ...where the weather is almost disgustingly hot, or beautiful...so summer is mostly year round.

I have for the first time..tried a L Mahina on today. I never thought I would like it until I put it on...I am in love. So, I am waiting to see the new color..Biscuit, and to see the new gris coming out in March.

How is the durability of this bag? I have two little ones....but I REALLY want a lighter color bag...I have a ton of black and brown...and also have the Palermo and the Griet...which I know the LV canvas is indestructible...but how about this Mahina leather??

I have bought three Chanel bags in the last two months....two that have had defects...and after paying that price tag...I am shocked, and frustrated and want to make sure I get a good bag that is well worth the money this time.

I like the Mahina and a new bag that Prada has out that is Talco (creamish white) with gold hardware....the Prada is a washed lambskin....very soft...so back to the question...is the Mahina durable? Would you recommend it over this Prada?? (duh...I am asking this in the LV forum;))

TIA for you input!!

queenmab

Reach for the sun
Sep 25, 2006
Pacific NW
I haven't had any issues with the Mahina leather, but I am scared of marking my XL Gris. But the leather is divine. And it's held up very well.

I do know that some users had an issue with lines on bags that they ordered and were shipped to them sight unseen.

But I think if you pick out the bag in the boutique and go for the elephant color or the biscuit you shouldn't have a problem.

Victoria2

Mar 28, 2008
Virginia
I have the mordore (brown metallic) color -- so far, no problems but I haven't used it very much -- I'm waiting to see the new biscuit color too -- think the mordore is more of a fall/winter color and I really do love the bag now that I've started using it.

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
The leather itself is fine, but just be careful with the perforations. These are the areas where you might get fraying or worse if something gets caught in it, you'll end up with a pull.
If you don't mind the fraying (like me), then there's nothing to worry about. Just saying this in case you're very conscious of small details...

paije

May 20, 2008
The leather itself is fine, but just be careful with the perforations. These are the areas where you might get fraying or worse if something gets caught in it, you'll end up with a pull.
If you don't mind the fraying (like me), then there's nothing to worry about. Just saying this in case you're very conscious of small details...

I had no idea the perforations could fray? Has yours done this, do you have pictures?

shopETOH

O.G.
Aug 28, 2007
I have the Mordore, but I haven't had it long at all so I can't say yet. so far so good, but it's only been about a month. I love it though. I think next to my MC Speedy it's my favorite. I didn't realize the perforations could fray. I'd be interested to see pics. I asked A LOT of questions before I bought it and they said if I had any issue at all, to bring it back pronto.

I have had an issue with my Prada that is the cervo tote. It held up pretty well overall, but after several trips, the edges started to wear and now it's starting to look worse than it should for a $1600 bag. But that is dear skin, so not sure if it's the same.

pepsimax

O.G.
Sep 9, 2008
I have one bronze and one black mahina xs, since easter 2008.
I have used them much, and I have no problems at all:heart:

ryrybaby12

O.G.
Aug 20, 2008
DMV
It is washed lambskin (the Prada bag)...the deerskin does tend to wear quickly...I have two Cacoa (tote and drawstring)...but I still think they look pretty although a little worn in..;) You can use treatments on the deerskin to help restore.

I really love the Mahina...can't wait to see the biscuit color;)