Magnetic problems...

PeanutB

O.G.
May 3, 2011
London
I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar problem.
I recently bought an annual train ticket; a paper one. Since I got it late Oct I've had to replace it 6 times as it just stops working and triggers an error on the gate.
I thought I had bad luck but since switching from my black Sofia messenger to my Oak Bays it has stopped happening. So, is the super strong magnet closing Sofia the cause of the problem?!
I love my Sofia, so tough and spacious and water resistant! But I can't face getting a new ticket every week. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

morejunkny

O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
I have definitely had this happen with one of my bags (not a Mulberry). Maybe try a card holder for your pass?

PeanutB

O.G.
May 3, 2011
London
steph22 said:
Is it near your phone? It de-activates hotel room cards maybe the same applies!
It's not my phone because I still have that in the bays, so I think I may have to give up Sofia :sad:

Nov 9, 2010
In Handbag Heaven
I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar problem.
I recently bought an annual train ticket; a paper one. Since I got it late Oct I've had to replace it 6 times as it just stops working and triggers an error on the gate.
I thought I had bad luck but since switching from my black Sofia messenger to my Oak Bays it has stopped happening. So, is the super strong magnet closing Sofia the cause of the problem?!
I love my Sofia, so tough and spacious and water resistant! But I can't face getting a new ticket every week. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
I had the exact same thing happen with room cards from a hotel I stayed in, I kept putting the card in the pocket at the front of my Chloe bag that had a magnetic closure & the card would not let us in the room so we had to walk over to reception & get another card & after 3 or 4 times I realisedd that it must be the bag so stopped putting in my bag & it never happened again so yes I think the magnet wipes what ever is on the card

PeanutB

O.G.
May 3, 2011
London
designerdiva40 said:
I had the exact same thing happen with room cards from a hotel I stayed in, I kept putting the card in the pocket at the front of my Chloe bag that had a magnetic closure & the card would not let us in the room so we had to walk over to reception & get another card & after 3 or 4 times I realisedd that it must be the bag so stopped putting in my bag & it never happened again so yes I think the magnet wipes what ever is on the card
I'm really glad I'm not alone in this and that I've worked out what the problem is. I feel bad for blaming the train company first! After the third replacement they kept saying, it's not near a magnet is it? It's not near a mobile? And i was telling them I kept it safer than the coke recipe!