Magnetic closure is oxidizing?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Has anybody seen that issue before? I have a small Ferragamo Paris crossbody and I just noticed it. I was able to polish it off on one side but I'm worried it will come back.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458602951.276340.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458602968.198209.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458602978.284237.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458602992.877128.jpg

In the last picture you can see it's starting to affect the leather as well. I was hoping to bring it to a boutique so they can repair it but I purchased this bag second hand. Do they require proof of purchase? I'm willing to pay for the repair too if it's not ridiculously expensive.

2. All coated hardware is likely to tarnish at some stay.
    Just needs a good polish every now and then. you should be able to polish/rub it off the leather as well since this finish is coated.

3. Thank you for the reply! I went to the boutique yesterday and the associate has never seen that before and I agree with him. I have not even seen this issue with some of my lower end bags. We polished it but if it should come back soon, they will send it it to get the magnetic snap replaced.
    You're right, luckily it's saffiano leather!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice