Maggie! :):):)

lucegoose

Jun 6, 2009
So recently I have been scouring for another bag... I just sold my Coach Parker, Kooba, and Marc Jacobs! SO SAD :sad: I really loved all those bags but I don't know why... for some reason, I felt like I never used them enough to justify keeping them.
So I bought a Maggie from a really nice girl through Craigslist... it's definitely real and it was only $150!! I am pretty psyched... does anyone own the purse and can you guys tell me more about it? I'm sure it'll last for at least a couple years? Hopefully I won't be selling it unless I desperately need money or something. I hate having to buy all these bags and only using it once or twice before letting them go, even though I really like them. My problem is that I buy too many, use them a few times, and it's not that I'm sick of them, I just feel like there are way too many great handbags out there that I am sick of buying new ones, switching in and out, etc... The Parker I fell in love w/ after I saw a friend carry it but for some reason, as gorgeous as it was, just didn't do it for me... (the gelato handle I was scared I was going to ruin it or something), the Kooba was already sort of flawed when I got it and I was scared I would ruin it (so I just sold it to someone who probably won't be as scared as I was!), and my MJ never disappointed me but was kinda heavy. I just want to keep to ONE handbag and hopefully this is will be it!!
Anyone have any opinions? Thanks :smile:

Maggie is a great bag. A lot of people, including me, have problems where it falls off the shoulder. I love it though because it has lots of pockets. I have both medium and large and they both hold tons of stuff. Hope this is the bag that works out for you!

i will be of no help to you on encouraging you to keep only one bag... i agree that there are so many lovely bags out there and it's impossible for me not to give some a loving home... i've been trying to adopt a new bag practice where if i don't carry it in 6 months, then it should be cycled out of my house... i just managed to give away three bags and a wallet but that is like drop in a bucket

my bag buying has certainly slowed down (a bit) now that i feel like i have a definitive sense of what bags best suit me... maybe you can go into a department store with a big bag selection and try on a few different styles until you find something that really fits you... for me, it's big bags so i have to smack my own hand away when i am tempted to pick up yet another pretty little bag...

as for the maggie, the large black maggie is one of my most consistent go-to bags in my arsenal... i love the softly structured shape of it and that it dresses up or down quite well... i also have a crackled metallic on in the smaller size that i love carrying when i'm doing the rock star thing and a cinnamon large one that has sadly rarely come out of storage...

as much as i love it, i don't know if i would have a maggie as my only bag... the leather is a little thinner and i sometimes need something thick and super durable... if i had to recommend a single bag, i would probably pick something like a large zoe, an ergo or satchel of some sort

best of luck and congratulations on the maggie

I have to agree with Johnnie about the big bag theory - I prefer larger bags and I have many but hae of late tried to only buy what I definately need (which is nothing) but try to get only certain styles even when the smalll ones have a great price.

I am not sure about having one bag - and I like a thicker leather also - but most I have heard have said they like the bag. Enjoy.

My Maggie is divine~~others mention a slipping strap, but if you tuck the first one under the back one on your shoulder it is fine. I don't believe in having just one bag, however.
I am a seasons bag king of girl though. I do think you may want maybe at least one light and one darker colored bag to rotate them. =)
The leather is lovely. And the siggy would be just as nice I am sure. Hopefully you will love your Maggie =)

Last edited:
I LOVE Maggie. I actually own three. Do what mlsephoralover said, tuck the outer strap with the inner strap and it will not slip. I can't handle just one bag, though.....

I have two Maggies, a small and large. The large is definitely my go to bag. It's just a great all around versatile bag. I also agree on not having just one bag. I like to rotate depending on my mood, what I'm wearing, but like I said, I keep going back to my large Maggie too.

I have two Maggies and they are my most used bags. Mine are the large and they stay on my shoulder fine when I have things in the bag to kind of weigh it down. The (newer style) smaller size did not stay on my shoulder very well, however. Regarding size reference, I'm referring to the newer style of Maggies rather than the original (the smaller original Maggie is about the same size as the newer style large). Which color did you get?

Last edited:
hey guys! thanks for the replies. i got the brown leather (w/ the lavender lining inside?) i just want ONE bag for now since im a student and cant afford many... though i probably should've kept the kooba or MJ or something. idk what size it is though... she emailed me diff sizes and the ones on her ad on craigslist says something diff as well. so we'll have to see. i feel like it's a medium though, based on the pictures. i just want one classic versatile handbag i can carry to school and going out and stuff. my mom hates it when i carry so many little things in my hands... shes afraid ill lose stuff easily that way.
i know the leather is sort of thin, and im paranoid, so idk how to take good care of it, but the original owner only used it about a month before selling it to me. i have coach cleaner though. i like the zoe, kristin, peyton, brooke, etc. but i guess well have to see what other purse i get in terms of good leather. i saw one online and i kind of liked it.. it was the hampton carryall and the leather looks thick and sturdy.

I adore the Maggie is it my Fav line form Coach... I have the Ink, Saffron and the Copper. I find her roomy and comfy...

Some ladies have Issues with this bag falling off their shoulder but I am ok with it..it does not happen that much to me.

Had a periwinkle Maggie that I had to return on my first day of use when I noticed the leather was worn of the handles in places already. Loved it while I had it.

That's disappointing :sad: I am so excited to get home to Kzoo to unbox and unwrap my new Periwinkle Maggie I ordered with my 40% letter. I sure hope I don't have that issue!