Maggie Question

aquagirl0312

Mar 23, 2007
I am thinking about buying the small Maggie in black for PCE. I have not purchased a new bag in almost a year, gasp!!! Does it stay on your shoulder? I really like the look of it, but I don't want it slipping off my shoulder. I may try to go this afternoon to try it on. I just don't want to get all excited about her and then be disappointed. :biggrin:

If you have found that this bag slips a lot, do you have another suggestion? I was going to try to find a small black sabrina, but I already have a parchment one. Thanks!!!

I have the small/med (can't remember which size) Maggie in plum. I don't usually have any issues with slipping especially when she is full. The only time it falls off my shoulder is when I'm wearing a very thick winter coat.

I was wondering about this as well. Is the large more comfortable ont he shoulder than the small? I tried a small op art at the outlet, and it was a little shirter, drop length-wise, than I like my bags to be.

I was wondering about this as well. Is the large more comfortable ont he shoulder than the small? I tried a small op art at the outlet, and it was a little shirter, drop length-wise, than I like my bags to be.

I think the drop length is the same (idk), but I do prefer my large Maggie to my small/med Maggie.

Worth mentioning is that the current large Maggie is very close in size to the smaller original Maggie (the one with the pleat centered on the front of the bag).

^^ True. My large Maggie (with pleats) is style # 13897 and is from March 09 size is approx 10" drop, 14.5w x 13.5h x 6d. My small plum Maggie (no pleats) is style # 14336 and is approx 10" drop, 13w x 12h x 4d.

i had a total of 3. i love LOVE this style so much. but i kept trying to make it work and it wasn't for me. the shoulder slippage really bugged me.

I have the small plum Maggie (which isn't small to me, really!), and if I'm careful and put the shoulder straps on "just so", she doesn't slip. If I just toss it up there, she slips. Keep in mind that I wear North Face coats & vests, they are slick fabric, so that might have something to do with it.

I also find more success in twisting the straps a little - I have to do that with my patent Peyton as well - put the inside one over the outside one, and she stays on.

I think alot of it depends on your size. I tend to be more on the fluffier side and find that it constantly slips off my shoulder. I purchased the original Maggie in white patent and ended up selling her on ebay (that was soooo hard since she's such a beautiful bag!). Definitely go to the store and try it one with your stuff in the bag.

I went to try it on and it was bigger than I thought it was. I have it on hold for the weekend, but I am not sure. It is beautiful though! I saw the walnut audrey and that was gorgeous too!!! I am usually not a brown bag person. I have to think about it this weekend. Thanks for all of your feedback.