Maggie in Chicago winter?

LaEscritora

Jan 5, 2007
Hi ladies. Quick "nervous mommy" question: I'm heading home to Chicago for Christmas and I'd like to take my black Maggie. The only thing is, she's leather and I'm worried about the elements staining her. I currently live in LA, so I don't have to worry about snow or anything. What do you think? Do your leather Maggies withstand the snow/moisture?

Thanks!

I live in Ohio and have pretty much only leather bags. I wouldn't roll them around in the snow or anything, but they won't come apart just walking a block or two. :smile:

ITA with almabr06 and michellejy. I'm also in the Chicago area and have carried mostly leather bags for years, in all seasons. If the OP's leather Maggie is the regular smooth leather, she'll be fine. Suede might need a layer of protectant spray. If the leather is light-colored, there may be a bit of spotting from snowflakes melting on the bag - same as with raindrops - although in my experience the spots disappear when the bag dries. You could always lightly Apple your smooth leather (with conditioner and Garde spray) for additional protection too. Be careful not to rub the bag against a salty car door or something similar but if you do, just gently wipe the salt off the leather. Enjoy carrying your Maggie around Chicago!

Thank you for the reassurance, ladies! I feel much more comfortable about taking my Maggie back to Chi town now. She is the smooth black leather. When I first got her I took her to the Coach store to ask what sort of products I should treat her with. They said she was fine, as is. Glad to know that was the truth! :biggrin: