Magge or Garnet which one?!?

Loco4Coco

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Need opinions ladies. I went in the Coach store to purchase a purple garnet and was talked into the Coach Maggie in the cinnamon color. I actually seen it in the large Maggie but could not justify spending 300.00 more on a large one when the smaller isn't that much smaller. So after much searching I had my sales associate locate the cinnamon maggie...which I was told was one of the last in the nation. I like the maggie's compartments and size. I am not 100% sure about the color, what are your opinions. The reason I liked the garnet is purple's my favorite color, however I am not sure if I think it's big enough.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
The cinnamon Maggie is getting to be pretty rare. But it sounds like you are not 100% sold on the bag. The Garnet is beautiful. Both the small and large are pretty good sized. I had a Saffron Maggie and loved it but returned it because the bag squeaked. Even if you are unsure of the Garnet, though I love the Cinnamon Maggie (which I believe does not squeak), you may want to return it regardless as it sounds like you are not feelin it. Just FYI, the Garnet is very light weight too! I took this baby shopping for hours yesterday and it was such a pleasure to carry around. And the purple color is beautiful.

Jul 25, 2008
Atlanta
I agree that you need to be completely satisfied. I recently purchased the Maggie in Saffron and am completely in love with it. (mine doesn't squeak). I love all the compartments and all the pockets. The first day that I wore it I was complimented by my hair stylist as well as three strangers while shopping! But, if you're heart is set on the purple Garnet, then that is the one that you should have.....

Cate14

I Need More Cowbell
O.G.
Jan 26, 2008
It sounds to me like you are leaning more towards the Garnet--I say, get that one (or better, yet, get both!).

COACH ADDICT

"We're all born naked and the rest is drag" RUPAUL
O.G.
Apr 27, 2009
An ever changing life with Steady Love...
I personally love the Maggie and that color is gorgeous. The small bag is great becaues the large is more like a tote, it is huge.

But more to the point, if you wanted the Garnet and love it do not settle for the Maggie. You should not settle on any of your bags esp the first one...

ejoy43

Mmmm Coach *nom nom*
Jan 29, 2009
So Cal 562
Why don't you get the Maggie now and just hold onto it since it's such a rare bag and then ponder it for a while. I think there may be a PCE next month and you can get the purple Garnet then. I've been wanting the purple garnet myself, but I chose the berry Tribeca tote instead. I liked the color better and the patent leather. I'm supposed to be bag banned because I found my spectator shoulder bag this past week, but if I get a PCE next month I'll definitely get a Garnet or a Lexi or something!

Loco4Coco

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Thanks girls for your opinions. I have never owned a bag in such a color as the cinnamon. I love the Maggie bag itself, and I do think the cinnamon will match lots. I just hope it doesn't end up to trendy of a color for this season only type thing.

September24

Je m'aime
Dec 26, 2008
here
I love the color of the cinammonn Maggie, don't like the Garnet at all. But ITA the main thing is the you be happy with the bag. If you're not 100% with it I'd return it for the one you really love.

thefishfamily

Aug 10, 2009
i have the xl gunmetal maggie and i love it. i like how it opens in the middle and on both sides. go with your gut. or like ejoy43 said...order the maggie now since it's the last one and see if you like it, if not, you'll still have time to get garnet.

Jul 25, 2008
Atlanta
I know that this thread is not supposed to be about Maggie, but I just wanted to let thefishfamily know how jealous I am of her gunmetal version! I won't that one so bad...... My store only had the Platinum, so I haven't yet seen it in person. But I just know it is PERFECT. Congrats!

Mar 13, 2009
They're both pretty bags imo, went to Macy's the other day and saw all the Garnets they had in stock, thought it was beautiful. I didn't get a chance to get a hands-on feel of the bag though (it was strung up on those annoying racks XD).

The Maggie I find to be more roomier with the spacious compartments. But go with what you like. I am surprised that this was the only Maggie they had. At least, in that color. Best of luck!

Coach Ga Ga

Jul 23, 2009
Nevermind
It seems that everytime I talk to an SA about a specific bag, it's either low in stock or it's the last one. Sales pressure? I stopped listening to SAs a long time ago.

I always liked the design of the Garnet better than the Maggie for some reason. I would definitely go for what I originally wanted because I always seem to have second thoughts after getting something that I'm not 100% sure of. I always end up getting an exchange.

Good luck!

LuvsElvis

O.G.
Aug 12, 2009
MN
Hi,
I just saw the large Garnet that you want at Nordstrom in MN. Very Nice!!! I got the small Garnet in the Ivy. I was debating between the purple but I decide with the green! I love it! I was also tempted by the large Garnet but a little too much $$$$ right now!!! I also like the Garnet in the patent Graphite!

Lynne:smile: