Magenta color loss??

Sep 8, 2010
I have a Magenta Juliette that I purchased when those hit the outlets a few weeks ago. I have carried her daily since then and today I noticed what is beginning to look like white spots towards the bottom of the bag (like where the bottom would touch when sitting down-it is actually part of the front/back that is touching). Have any of you noticed any color loss and is this something I should be worried about?

I would honestly take it back to the store and tell your concerns to the SA. A few weeks seems really early for that to happen to me. If its going to be common in that bag, maybe they will let you exchange.

Yeah bring i into the store and see what they say.

FWIW I've had my magenta isabelle since the day they were released in FP and haven't had any issues. Still looks new. So it's not necessarily a widespread problem, you might have just gotten a dud.

I think I will be taking it in tomorrow......at first, I thought that I had just sat it down on something (but I baby my bags) or it was powder, but after looking closer and showing it to my husband, it does look like color loss. I could totally understand if I had carried for a long time, but I have only had it 3 weeks to a month.....I would have to get my receipt, but I know it was right before Christmas. Do I carry it to the outlet I bought it at or FP store since it is a delete??

I'd take it to the store I bought it from or another outlet if you have others (I have two). If it's within 30 days, you should be able to return or exchange with no problem. I bought a snakeskin wallet from an outlet store and it was not holding up well after days. I took it back and thy were so apologetic and nice about taking it back. Coach is awesome and I've always had good experiences with their customer service. Please let us know how they handle it!

I think I will be taking it in tomorrow......at first, I thought that I had just sat it down on something (but I baby my bags) or it was powder, but after looking closer and showing it to my husband, it does look like color loss. I could totally understand if I had carried for a long time, but I have only had it 3 weeks to a month.....I would have to get my receipt, but I know it was right before Christmas. Do I carry it to the outlet I bought it at or FP store since it is a delete??

I would take it to the outlet you got it from if possible. When I bought a metallic leather delete at the outlet I asked if they would refund me if I had problems. They told me to just bring it in if it happened and they would. So outlets can take care of you if you bought the bag there just like at FP.

It was December 13 when I purchased my Juliette...... It has been 3 weeks, but less than 4. I sure hope they will do something about this, as it was still a lot of money to spend to have it do this. I can only imagine how I would feel it I had paid FP for it!!

I am sorry that your bag is not holding up to regular use. I bought the same bag but haven't used it yet...curious to see if others have had any issues. Let us know what they say/do when you bring it into the store.

Okay, so I made my trip to the outlet to see what they said about my magenta Juliette's color loss. My SA (not my regular one) definitely saw what I was seeing and she even noticed that it extended even further than what I saw. She said that we could for another one at another store and order it or I could browse and see if I saw anything I liked. One of my regular SA's came and spoke to me as I was looking and said that she had been off and to let her see if they had anything in the back. She came out with a SV/bronze Lindsay!! They had 2, and I chose the 2nd one she brought out. It came home with me!!! I hope I did well, what do you ladies think?? Also had Madison crimson totes, wallets and wristlets, black patent Lindsay's, totes, and a small bag. Saw a couple of black patent clutches/wristlets as well. Very pretty, but I can't get past the fingerprint issue!! Let me know what ya think!!!

ladylightkeeper said:
Okay, so I made my trip to the outlet to see what they said about my magenta Juliette's color loss. My SA (not my regular one) definitely saw what I was seeing and she even noticed that it extended even further than what I saw. She said that we could for another one at another store and order it or I could browse and see if I saw anything I liked. One of my regular SA's came and spoke to me as I was looking and said that she had been off and to let her see if they had anything in the back. She came out with a SV/bronze Lindsay!! They had 2, and I chose the 2nd one she brought out. It came home with me!!! I hope I did well, what do you ladies think?? Also had Madison crimson totes, wallets and wristlets, black patent Lindsay's, totes, and a small bag. Saw a couple of black patent clutches/wristlets as well. Very pretty, but I can't get past the fingerprint issue!! Let me know what ya think!!!

Congrats! Glad it worked out well. I have juliette in sv/bronze. It's a beautiful, versatile color.

I wish they had the SV/bronze in the Juliette......I saw it at FP and it was beautiful!!! I had my eye on that one to be deleted, so when she brought out the Lindsay, I couldn't say no!!!! I have been wanting to dabble in the Legacy line, but I am a Madison girl!!!! Any other of you ladies think I did a good thing???

I wish they had the SV/bronze in the Juliette......I saw it at FP and it was beautiful!!! I had my eye on that one to be deleted, so when she brought out the Lindsay, I couldn't say no!!!! I have been wanting to dabble in the Legacy line, but I am a Madison girl!!!! Any other of you ladies think I did a good thing???

I honestly don't think it's possible to stay faithful forever to one line with Coach. It's okay to cheat just a little, lol. I'm so glad they were helpful with the exchange! They are usually really good about that. I'm not sure if you made a good choice with that bag because I don't have one. I do know a lot of people love them. You have 30 days to return it, keep snooping to see what's new...don't cut the tags until you're sure. A new style is a big decision.

I think you made a great choice! I am worried about my Juliette now. Guess I need to cut the tags and start using it in case there is an issue. Glad your awesome SA was able to find you such a pretty "substitute"!

Yes, she was!! The SA at my outlet know that I really look for the FP deletes. I had looked in that section and was actually looking in the clearance at a Kristan Hobo in Carmel, when she said she would look in the back to see if anything else was there.....she came back with the Lindsay and said they only had two. She put the one I didn't choose on the shelf....it was still there when I left, but I did have a lady comment on the Lindsay as I was standing in line. I also saw one of the two Kristan's being checked out as well!!! They were busy!!!!