Madison Shoulder Bag - in smaller size?

coachaholic15

hopelessly addicted
Aug 13, 2010
I had read somewhere that Coach may make the Madsion Shoulder bag in a smaller size next year. Does anyone know if that is true, or have anymore details about it?

I really love the bag and might just want one for christmas - but i would force myself to wait it out for a smaller version if it were coming.

I saw a pic of a blue python one in the spring 2011 preview thread and that particular bag did look a bit smaller than the ones out now - but it's so hard to tell since there's nothing to compare the size to in the picture.

I'd really appreciate any info anyone has, thanks!

Last edited:
picture.php

That's exactly what's making me unsure, but then again if you look at the right - the bag that is cut off there is a sophia, and this one doesn't look tooo much bigger than that sophia, so i was hoping it was a smaller size

i guess i'm just hoping and wishing over here lol :girlsigh:

That's exactly what's making me unsure, but then again if you look at the right - the bag that is cut off there is a sophia, and this one doesn't look tooo much bigger than that sophia, so i was hoping it was a smaller size

i guess i'm just hoping and wishing over here lol :girlsigh:

I want a shoulder tote too but I agree with you, it's too big. It's good for someone on the go and carries a lot.

If there's a smaller version, I'm soo getting it. (I will hope & wish with you)

I also heard that they have a smaller version coming out early next year. I want to say that it was an SA that told me but I could be wrong. I love the shoulder bag but it's just too big on me. I would be all over a smaller version though!! And I agree that the pic does look shorter than the one now. Also, Coach calls the current bag "Madison Large Shoulder Bag" leaving room for another size....

If there's a smaller version, I'm soo getting it. (I will hope & wish with you)

hehe i hope those wishes come true

Also, Coach calls the current bag "Madison Large Shoulder Bag" leaving room for another size....

Nice catch, I didn't even notice the word Large in all of those bags, and I love your logic - if there's a large, there most likely would be a small? lol :sneaky:

i have not tried the current one out yet so cant tell if it will be too big for me,but i do prefer satchels. i love the look of the shoulder bag so if it is made in a smaller size maybe i can get away with carrying it by hand lol.

I have heard the same from a friend and a SA that at least the gathered leather will be in a smaller size. With that said it wasn't too much smaller. I'm 5'3" and the size is not an issue because the bag is smooshy. It doesn't look that big on.

^ January?! I hate waiting, BUT I do love the Madison Shoulder Bag a lot (though I keep going to the stores and feeling the Sophias. haha) because of the handles. The large is way too big for me since I don't carry a lot. I woud LOVE for Coach to make a smaller version of it. I wonder what colours they might have :smile: