Madison Shoulder Bag - in smaller size?

coachaholic15

hopelessly addicted
Aug 13, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I had read somewhere that Coach may make the Madsion Shoulder bag in a smaller size next year. Does anyone know if that is true, or have anymore details about it?

I really love the bag and might just want one for christmas - but i would force myself to wait it out for a smaller version if it were coming.

I saw a pic of a blue python one in the spring 2011 preview thread and that particular bag did look a bit smaller than the ones out now - but it's so hard to tell since there's nothing to compare the size to in the picture.

I'd really appreciate any info anyone has, thanks!

Last edited:

RainMaker.

hearts Dexter Morgan
Aug 10, 2010
Los Angeles
It does look a bit shorter then the ones out now. But that may be bc the back is kinda resting on the shelf that it's on?

coachaholic15

hopelessly addicted
Aug 13, 2010
Ontario, Canada
That's exactly what's making me unsure, but then again if you look at the right - the bag that is cut off there is a sophia, and this one doesn't look tooo much bigger than that sophia, so i was hoping it was a smaller size

i guess i'm just hoping and wishing over here lol :girlsigh:

HandbagxQueen

gottalovecoach
Sep 21, 2010
Bay Area, CA
That's exactly what's making me unsure, but then again if you look at the right - the bag that is cut off there is a sophia, and this one doesn't look tooo much bigger than that sophia, so i was hoping it was a smaller size

i guess i'm just hoping and wishing over here lol :girlsigh:

I want a shoulder tote too but I agree with you, it's too big. It's good for someone on the go and carries a lot.

If there's a smaller version, I'm soo getting it. (I will hope & wish with you)

May 9, 2010
Michigan
I also heard that they have a smaller version coming out early next year. I want to say that it was an SA that told me but I could be wrong. I love the shoulder bag but it's just too big on me. I would be all over a smaller version though!! And I agree that the pic does look shorter than the one now. Also, Coach calls the current bag "Madison Large Shoulder Bag" leaving room for another size....

TeachingTots

Jan 7, 2010
I'd be interested in a smaller version too...just a little smaller, not much! It was mentioned in one of the posts here, the Madison thread I believe.

coachaholic15

hopelessly addicted
Aug 13, 2010
Ontario, Canada
If there's a smaller version, I'm soo getting it. (I will hope & wish with you)
hehe i hope those wishes come true

Also, Coach calls the current bag "Madison Large Shoulder Bag" leaving room for another size....
Nice catch, I didn't even notice the word Large in all of those bags, and I love your logic - if there's a large, there most likely would be a small? lol :sneaky:

NITE_FOXX

Feb 14, 2010
BEAUTIFUL SOUTH
i have not tried the current one out yet so cant tell if it will be too big for me,but i do prefer satchels. i love the look of the shoulder bag so if it is made in a smaller size maybe i can get away with carrying it by hand lol.

sndc99

I work to buy Purses
O.G.
Apr 3, 2006
Vancouver WA
I have heard the same from a friend and a SA that at least the gathered leather will be in a smaller size. With that said it wasn't too much smaller. I'm 5'3" and the size is not an issue because the bag is smooshy. It doesn't look that big on.

Belle79

Jan 25, 2010
CT
My SA also told me that there would be a smaller version of the shoulder bag in January...

F

fadedtears

^ January?! I hate waiting, BUT I do love the Madison Shoulder Bag a lot (though I keep going to the stores and feeling the Sophias. haha) because of the handles. The large is way too big for me since I don't carry a lot. I woud LOVE for Coach to make a smaller version of it. I wonder what colours they might have :smile: