Madison Metallic Silver... how durable would this one be?

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
So now that Madison came up with a Silver Sophia, Shoulder Bag and Wallets, I am WAY tempted... but I wonder if the metallic leather will wear too quickly, as we all know is very possible considering coach's history of metallics, but this leather feels different than the usual.
What do you guys think of it? Would you buy sophia in this color, or the shoulder bag/wallet, do you think the leather will wear well and slouch over time?
I heard that people who bought the Julia weren't complaining much about the metallic issues, and this one feels similar to Julia's leather, so is it worth giving a shot? Any thoughts?

I saw this one today at the boutique and it's really, really pretty. I picked it up and handled it and admired it. IMO the leather seems similar to the metallic Madison carryall, which I think some ladies on here reported flaking or peeling? I haven't heard of any problems with the metallic Julia, though, so IF the leather is like that, then you're probably ok. Not sure, though.... It truly is gorgeous anyway!

I bought the shoulder bag on friday. IMO it is the same metallic leather or very similar to the Julia.
I also have been using the Julia wallet and wristlet for about 3 solid months and they still look brand new. HTH

i think it's worth giving it a shot since coach will take care of their stuff if it gets messed up, but it'd say be careful. at macys i had people return a few of the julias because that metallic was flaking off since it like a metallic foil over leather. id personally be scared to carry it. =/

I saw the new Marcasite Kristin Hobo today...and did NOT like the feel of that metallic on the leather. It was a little rough, and seemed as if it would scratch or flake.
The leather onthe silver sophia though, I do not think would peel. I felt it and compared it to my metallic silver Mad wallet and it feels the exact same. This wallet has been used for a while, and still has no wear.
So, I cannot give you a definite opinion, but I am just sharing my thoughts. :biggrin:

I hope it's durable because I finally took the plunge and pre-ordered the small silver sophia at Macy's yesterday :nuts: I just love love love it!!! I have always been worried about the peeling/flaking issue myself and chose to not buy because of it. However, I couldn't resist and caved in. At least the handles are not metallic, so I hope it helps. I rotate my bags quite often, so I won't use it too much and I usually do baby my bags, so we'll see. I can't pick up my bag until 12/1, but believe me, if I do have any issues you all will be the second to know, right after Macy's!

I have the small silver Sophia, have used it quite a bit and have had no problems whatsoever. However, the toffee croc Sophia had peeling on the back of the bag after a few uses. I was able to return it and got a different replacement bag.