Madison Magazine tote lavender

I've been wanting a Julianne, but this seems nice as well. Hmmmm....! Love the shape, and I thought I'd hate the dogleash closure, but now I love it because the access SO easy.

Could you please post pics! Do you think the green Magazine Tote is the same color as the ashley green bag ?I am really interested in this green color but I guess I will have to wait until this weekend to see it IRL!

No it's not the same col or leather as the Ashley in my avi. The magazine tote is less green and more yellow. Like creamed avocado. It's hard to describe and hard to photograph. But you should check it out.

I like the looks of this tote. Does it have the same leather as Maggie, baglady39?

Hey, Oops...I can post photos of both together if you want, but the Madison tote is the same leather as the other Madison pieces (Olimpic, or Olympic...I don't recall how they spell it). It's a bit thicker and nicer IMO than the garcia on the Maggie, and the bag does not puddle and fold over quite as bad either, although the Maggie retains some structure because of the way the center and sides are designed. Also, the Madison is still new (I haven't carried it). I like the Madison magazine tote SOOOOOOO much better than the Maggie!! Not just the leather (although the Garcia leather works much better on the Maggie and looks nicer than on the '08 Legacy IMO), but I just prefer everything about the Madison better...and it stays put on my shoulder. It's very comfy and light too, and a great size! The color is quite diff. between the lilac Maggie and lavendar Madison. In some lights the Madison looks pink. So basically if you love you Sabrina and the leather on it, you will be fine with this tote. The only thing is that the Olimpic leather is very variable with the texture and glaze, and I personally prefer more texture, so that's why when I saw the bag I loved, I jumped! Now if I can just find a green one that I love! I'm going to get that and the ikat in navy for the settlement instead of PCE since it's 30% off.

I wanted to edit this post to add that the problem the Madison tote has with wanting to puddle a bit when you sit it down is because of the rings on the handle weighting it down. Mine appears to want to stand up otherwise. The tote has a tiny bit of reinforcement by design along the sides and bottom.

Last edited:
No it's not the same col or leather as the Ashley in my avi. The magazine tote is less green and more yellow. Like creamed avocado. It's hard to describe and hard to photograph. But you should check it out.

Would you mind posting photos, hon?? I have the photo my SA sent from the sheets, but this pic is way off I know..

Attachments

• green tote.jpg
    green tote.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 109
Hey, Oops...I can post photos of both together if you want, but the Madison tote is the same leather as the other Madison pieces (Olimpic, or Olympic...I don't recall how they spell it). It's a bit thicker and nicer IMO than the garcia on the Maggie, and the bag does not puddle and fold over quite as bad either, although the Maggie retains some structure because of the way the center and sides are designed. Also, the Madison is still new (I haven't carried it). I like the Madison magazine tote SOOOOOOO much better than the Maggie!! Not just the leather (although the Garcia leather works much better on the Maggie and looks nicer than on the '08 Legacy IMO), but I just prefer everything about the Madison better...and it stays put on my shoulder. It's very comfy and light too, and a great size! The color is quite diff. between the lilac Maggie and lavendar Madison. In some lights the Madison looks pink. So basically if you love you Sabrina and the leather on it, you will be fine with this tote. The only thing is that the Olimpic leather is very variable with the texture and glaze, and I personally prefer more texture, so that's why when I saw the bag I loved, I jumped! Now if I can just find a green one that I love! I'm going to get that and the ikat in navy for the settlement instead of PCE since it's 30% off.

Those are the two bags I picked up yesterday :biggrin: green mag tote and blue IKAT. I am very happy :yahoo:.

Unfortunately, I am in Canada. I can get to a Macys or Lord & Taylor in Buffalo (1.5hrs drive) but would I get F&F since I don't have a store card?

I thought that some ladies here managed to do a F&F phone order. I know you usually can't use the discount online, but I think some have done it by calling. As far as the store goes, they were handing out coupons to use, and at least last time they did not require you to use Macys credit card. I usually use my card that gives me cash back. But then for some events, they asked for a Macys card. I only bought at L&T this time, and it was no problem...they scanned their own card, and I used a non L&T credit card. HOnestly, I would call and ask them first if they have the bag and then have them hold it for you...or maybe they will do a phone order. The stuff is selling REALLY fast here...at least at L&T because F&F started yesterday, and they have been taking presales prior to that if you asked them to do it.

Good luck!!

Those are the two bags I picked up yesterday :biggrin: green mag tote and blue IKAT. I am very happy :yahoo:.

:yahoo: CONGRATS!!! L&T had sold the navy ikat in large by the time I got there, but they had the gold which I also like, but not as well. Macys did have the large in both, though, but I had my boutique SA hold one till I am ready to use my settlement coupon. I really just jumped on the Madison at the store because I love that store, love the SAs, and found the exact bag I wanted. ikat is hard too, though, as they are all a bit diff, so my SA kept sending me photos, and I said "that one", lol! I'm sooo picky it's not funny...I'm sure everyone wants to run when they see me coming. :P

Oh, and I will take comparison photos and post them here as soon as I can. I don't like that Ebay seller because all the listings just have one photo!!! You can't tell what you are buying AT ALL, and actually you are supposed to photo the creed on the bags at a minimum.:tdown: You know, it's nice you can list a lot of items quickly, but at what expense to yourself and others??

Oh, and I will take comparison photos and post them here as soon as I can. I don't like that Ebay seller because all the listings just have one photo!!! You can't tell what you are buying AT ALL, and actually you are supposed to photo the creed on the bags at a minimum.:tdown: You know, it's nice you can list a lot of items quickly, but at what expense to yourself and others??

I thought the same thing when I saw this, Baglady! Only one picture?? I wouldn't buy based on that.