Madison Leather Sophia Satchel vs. New Poppy Sequin Spotlight

Which purse should I purchase and why? How do they hold up?....

• Madison Sophia Satchel (silver or black) Style#15960

• New Poppy Sequin Spotlight (Blue Jean) Style#15383

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi fellow Coachies....:biggrin:

I'm going to be seeing my favorite SA hopefully tomorrow or the day after pending weather and such. Not sure if this helps, but I'm 5'1 and have a petite build. I use my purses a few weeks at a time before switching so I'm hoping that what ever purse I purchase will hold up to the wear and tear of daily life. How do either bag hold up in winter weather conditions as well?

What are you thoughts on both the Madison Leather Sophia Satchel either in silver or black (I'm undecided on colour for that one) vs New Poppy Sequin Spotlight in Blue Jean?

Any advice or thoughts on either bag would be helpful.:ty:

Well, as PCL mentioned, you can't get the sequins wet. So if you're anywhere in Canada, that might be a little hard for you, especially will all the snow.

Therefore my vote would be either the black or the grey Madison Leather Sophia. The colour depends on you. If you're worried about getting the grey dirty, go with the black. If you don't like wearing black all the time, go with the grey.

Hope that helps :smile:

I actually have a Blue Sequin on hold. I have a great SA who found one for me, but I'm contemplating taking the hold off this bag in order to get the Sophia. After reading what nyssa had to say about the Sequins I called up two of my local Coach stores and they both think that the Sequins will hold up during our Canadian winters. I was told that the Sophia would not hold up in the rain or snow as well as the Sequins, but the Sequins would probably get more damage from everyday use.

I'm torn because this will be the first Coach bag that I purchase for myself. Thanks for the responses I have received so far.... I can't wait to read more about everybody's experience with either bag.

Yes, I would like to know also... :thinking:

But I would vote for the silver Sophia. You can always try to pick up the groovy later if you want sequins. The silver Sophia has almost a patent glaze on it...and will withstand rain better than a regular Sophia. And definitely better than a Spotlight. If I were to get any of the reg leather Sophias, it would be the silver...because of that glaze.

Yes, I would like to know also... :thinking:

But I would vote for the silver Sophia. You can always try to pick up the groovy later if you want sequins. The silver Sophia has almost a patent glaze on it...and will withstand rain better than a regular Sophia. And definitely better than a Spotlight. If I were to get any of the reg leather Sophias, it would be the silver...because of that glaze.
I second this and not because I have the silver sophia..But PCL is right about the coating over the leather..The SA told me the same.The Silver will hold up in snow and rain better than the reg. leather!!!We haven't had any snow here in NH yet, but we have had some rain..The rain just beads off my sophia.

The first SA I spoke to was concerned that the snow or rain would seep into the leather and discolour or eventually ruin the bag. After reading the comment made about the Madison purse here and speaking to the SA I then went on to call three more Coach stores and spoke to three other SA's all of them stating that the Madison would hold out better during our Canadian Winters and any rain. The Madison purse would be easier to clean over the Poppy.

I noticed that there are some Madison Sophia Patent Satchels. I was wondering if these purse's had any scent to them? I recently purchased my first patent wristlet and it has a distinct smell hence I will be returning it.

Do you carry your Sophia purse's on a daily basis or save them for more festive occasions? I have a fairly casual wardrobe which I try to dress up once in a while. How much do you carry in your satchel?

I have two patent Sophias and don't smell anything from them at all. I also have the black gathered leather Sophia.

Leather is more durable than people think, but obviously you don't want to put it out in a heavy rain without carrying it under an umbrella, etc (for a long time). If it gets caught for a few minutes or whatever, nothing will happen.

I think sequins isn't a good choice for your first Coach bag because it isn't meant to be an every day bag in my opinion. I assume you prefer an every day bag since it is your first Coach, but I may be wrong.

Leather is easier to take care of and you can get Apple Conditioner or spray to protect it from the elements.

The first SA I spoke to was concerned that the snow or rain would seep into the leather and discolour or eventually ruin the bag. After reading the comment made about the Madison purse here and speaking to the SA I then went on to call three more Coach stores and spoke to three other SA's all of them stating that the Madison would hold out better during our Canadian Winters and any rain. The Madison purse would be easier to clean over the Poppy.

I noticed that there are some Madison Sophia Patent Satchels. I was wondering if these purse's had any scent to them? I recently purchased my first patent wristlet and it has a distinct smell hence I will be returning it.

Do you carry your Sophia purse's on a daily basis or save them for more festive occasions? I have a fairly casual wardrobe which I try to dress up once in a while. How much do you carry in your satchel?
I have carried my Silver Sophia everyday since buying it..With the exception of today because my 3yr. old dd had a field trip..So I just switched back over to her...I find that the Madison Sophia's are great bags for everyday use.They are so easy to get into and you have the 2 options of carrying!I have my snowqueen wristlet, poppy leather wristlet, my madison lg. cosmetic case, a small package of huggie's baby wipes(8), a mom's plan it calendar, my bare essentials mineral veil, and a few other item's..Thats what I have in the main compartment.I also have stuff in the zip pocket and the 2 slip pockets..The small sophia's, are not so small:smile:I say go for Sophia and let us know what you decide..GL~:smile:

My patent wristlet has a distinct smell. I immediately put it back into it's original box. It's going to be exchanged the next time I'm in a Coach store.

It will be the first Coach bag I purchased for myself. I currently have a Mia that I received for my birthday. I do plan on using it on almost a daily basis.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is Apple Conditioner and where does one purchase it?

My patent wristlet has a distinct smell. I immediately put it back into it's original box. It's going to be exchanged the next time I'm in a Coach store.

It will be the first Coach bag I purchased for myself. I currently have a Mia that I received for my birthday. I do plan on using it on almost a daily basis.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is Apple Conditioner and where does one purchase it?
If you choose the Silver Sophia, I'm not so sure you can apple it with the patent like coating on it..My care card says to just use a damp cloth!

Spotlights are not meant to be used every day...you COULD use them everyday, but I personally would not. They shouldn't be reserved for only special ocassions either.
I use one of mine once a week. Usually on Fridays, or whenever I need a perk in my day.
If you need a everyday bag, leather will always be the way to go...