Madison Julianne!!

LuvsElvis

O.G.
Aug 12, 2009
Hello Everyone!!!

I am so excited!!! I bought the Madison Julianne in Black Leather w/ Brass Hardware at my local Nordstrom last Saturday! It didn't have the Coach sales tag on it but had a reticket paper in the pocket. The Associate rang up the purse and on the receipt it stated Madison Magazine tote for $478. I thought that was wrong. I came home and looked on Coach.com to see that the Julianne was $458. I did call back to Nordstrom and talk to the SA. He said to come in and he would adjust it. I went back on Sunday. I then got to thinking that the Julianne has been out for a while and that others have found it at the outlet. I went on Nordstrom.com Live Chat and asked if they could find the UPC for the Julianne. I gave them the style number. They gave me the UPC and I called the store. I talked to the SA and he said it was on sale!!!!!! It was $458 and now it is $304. Now, I have to go back out to the Mall (16 miles one way!) Not too bad of a drive but maybe I can talk them into an extra discount for the hassle!!!
Thanks for listening!!!!

Lynne:yahoo:

How awesome is that! It's always great to find out that something is on sale when you aren't expecting it. Even if they won't provide an additional discount, I still think the 30 mile trip is well worth saving $150!

I would, Nortrstrom has great customer service and they will do it. Advice of how much extra you got and get us pic's of the bag.

Hello Everyone!!!

I am so excited!!! I bought the Madison Julianne in Black Leather w/ Brass Hardware at my local Nordstrom last Saturday! It didn't have the Coach sales tag on it but had a reticket paper in the pocket. The Associate rang up the purse and on the receipt it stated Madison Magazine tote for $478. I thought that was wrong. I came home and looked on Coach.com to see that the Julianne was $458. I did call back to Nordstrom and talk to the SA. He said to come in and he would adjust it. I went back on Sunday. I then got to thinking that the Julianne has been out for a while and that others have found it at the outlet. I went on Nordstrom.com Live Chat and asked if they could find the UPC for the Julianne. I gave them the style number. They gave me the UPC and I called the store. I talked to the SA and he said it was on sale!!!!!! It was $458 and now it is $304. Now, I have to go back out to the Mall (16 miles one way!) Not too bad of a drive but maybe I can talk them into an extra discount for the hassle!!!
Thanks for listening!!!!

Lynne:yahoo:
Ask for the extra discount...Macy's gave me extra off for their forgetting to remove the sensor. It was a nice gesture to compensate for my hassle of having to drive all the way back to have it removed. I asked (in a nice way) and they did it without hesitating.

Hello Again!!!

Sorry Ladies but I can't figure out how to put a picture of the Madison Julianne in my post. :sad: I drove to Nordstrom and talked with the SA about the bag! He did the price correction on the bag. (I gave him the correct UPC number!) He apologized and said I could have done it over the phone. He just figured I would be coming to the MOA - Nordstrom! I asked about an extra discount because having to come out twice! He said they don't give discounts but he would check with the manager of Handbags. I know both the SA and Manager well!!! I talked with the manager and she said that they could have done the adjustment over the phone and "No" they don't give discounts! I was a little miffed but said ok! The SA came back and profusely apologized about the mix up with the price of the bag! He also didn't realize that I really didn't want to come out. He said "I figured you were coming out since you are here about four times a week!" Too True!!!! I couldn't be mad at him because he is so nice and such a cutey!!!! I thanked him and left.
My bag cost me $327 and change. (I better not see it at the outlet for cheaper!!)

Lynne :biggrin:

Too bad that didn't happen to you in Michigan! We have a "Scanner Error Law" that states...

"Our State law requires that most items on store shelves be clearly marked with a price tag. If an automatic checkout system (scanner) charges you more than the marked price of an item, and:
1) the transaction has been completed, and
2) you have a receipt indicating the item purchased and the price charged for it.
Then:
You must notify the seller that you were overcharged, within 30 days of the transaction, either in person or in writing. Within two days of receiving your notice, the seller may choose to refund you the difference between the amount charged and the price marked plus a "bonus" of ten times the difference, with a minimum of $1.00 and a maximum of $5.00. If the seller refuses to give you both the refund and the bonus, you may bring a lawsuit to recover your actual damages or $250.00, whichever is greater, plus reasonable attorney fees up to $300.00."

You might want to look into whether or not your state has a similar law.