Madison Floral Embossed XL Maggie and Kristin Metallic Python D-string Hobo (Pg 5)!!

Oh well, no purple Maggie for me then since it only comes in the XL size (thanks for that info. baglady, didn't know that).

Can't wait to see yours when you get it cltw...
It might help me make up my mind if I want to take the plunge on this one or not.
More often than not it seems, the DD pictures (color) is so unreliable. RL pics. are always better.

I'm sorry, hon! Maybe they will release it later in the purple color?? ITA...the DD is hit or miss, and for sure the posted prototypes in online exclusives and articles frequently lead to MAJOR RL disappointment!! I felt so bad after seeing the Kristin croc prototype and then what it actually turned out to be IRL. I don't know...it's only a bag, but it can still be very disappointing! :P

I will post pics as soon as I can today of the comps and then the python...probably in an hour or two most!

No, I totally understand what you're saying! I agree! Everything was called large, but one was really XL and one regular size. Very confusing!! The one I just bought is the XL size and is larger than the croc (ink or black...not the subsequent pink, peony etc, which were smaller sizes than the ink and black). I used to not feel comfortable with the XL size, and now I like it more! :biggrin:

good to know.....thanks for that. i thought the xl was huge at first too but then loved it. it's the same size as the annie and i love that bag. i wish they would've came out with more colors in it. i would've ordered everyone of them. i hate calling and getting told two different things. i want to make sure i'm getting a numbered one before i order so i asked for quantity and was told less than 30....well duh, if they only made 28 then i would hope it would be less than 30! i asked about le and was told, i'm not sure. no, let me check on that or anything....just i'm not sure. well thanks....when can i push pound to take a cs survey?!? :smile:

Oh, thank you so much!! I admit I've never been a HUGE Maggie fan either. I have some, but there are styles I like more. I loved the metallics and Ruby Maggies from the older sets. I think the floral pattern looks nice on this bag! Yes, this is the bronze color, and NP on the comp pics! Actually either one is easy enough...my Peytons are grouped together now, and I just pulled out my spectator Gigi to show DH the difference in color between that and gardenia, and the size diff. So, I will post photos as soon as I can today!!

Also thank you for pointing out the lucky number! I had NO clue!!! :nuts: I actually kind of feel bad about being clueless too because I have some Chinese friends and have worked with many of them at school and in the work place, and I didn't even know that!! I guess it never came up as a topic of conversation, or I didn't pay attention. I was kind of hoping for 1, 7, 13, something like that, lol. Anyway, I will treasure this bag even more now that I know it is a special number. Thank you!!

Kinda shocked because I almost never get lucky, lol! :P I think these are purely random that I've noticed, which I would suspect that after opening, going through QC, and putting them up as stock. Too bad you can't specify the number, but I asked once, and the person was like "Wha??..." Ha, ha, never hurts to ask! :biggrin:

I'm jealous since 8/28 is my birthday! And those 8s are so lucky in Chinese culture.

Ok, so while it's lunch, and I'm still standing, lol, I wanted to go ahead and post photos of the Kristin python d-string. I'm sort of bummed and kind of hate to post these photos (took them last night) because they really do not do the bag justice! There is a certain iridescence that my camera could not pick up on, and the bag kind of looks "blah" in the photos. BUT...it's actually really pretty in light!! I'm going to quote my buddy here and say "total hotness"!! :biggrin:

For those of you that have or at least remember the opalescent Amanda python line, accessories and the small bags only, I HAD TO HAVE every one of these pieces! I went insane over this stuff and even posted a thread begging Coach to make a larger bag! :lol: I love this stuff!!

Well, this bag it not QUITE the same metallic python as the Amanda set was, but it comes close!! I don't think I would carry the Amanda accessories with it just because it's close but doesn't quite match (you can see in the last photos), and I'm either contrasting/complementing or matchy-matchy, but I'm thrilled to have gotten something at least similar! I chose the hobo because I loved the style, but I was always a bit uncertain about the size, and just the fact it was so much cheaper than the tote. I wasn't sure I would really love the look of the metallic leather handles on the tote and satchel either (from the DD photos), but the metallic is soft...it's an interesting combination, and the hardware is gunmetal. Of course we all know what happens when I love the bag and there are more styles! :nuts::P

The leather is what it is... It's like the Amanda python in that it's not as realistic as some printed python leathers. It is also a thin leather, not gonna lie! In a way, it kind of reminds me of the "explosion" leather on the Bleecker St. foldover hobo in platinum. This leather is a bit more textured and "rough" than the Amanda python. Do I think it will hold up?? Well, honestly, I have not really had a problem with the Amanda accessories, but this may be more susceptible to peeling IMO. I rotate a lot, though, so I'm not that worried at this point. Overall, I think it's done very nicely, but I will be interested in seeing the tote, I think. Not sure why the major price diff. other than size.

The size of this hobo is great IMO...not too big and not too small. Not sure about slouch with the weight of my contents yet, but as my SA said, it kind of reminds one of a larger version of the Madison shoulder bag...overall shape, but roomier. And of course the side pockets, which I'm sure some of you will either love or hate. The d-string is out of the way unlike with the older resort bags and Peyton, which I personally love that they did it this way (they tend to be a PITA because they shift on my resort bags). It has a magnetic closure (love that easy access!), and inside is a really pretty peachy lining. LOVE that too!! I also love the ring hardware, which I just realized I don't have close ups that show that well...sorry. I can take more photos later, and hopefully when the clouds go away, I can snap a sunlight shot! It's a keeper for me!!! :yahoo:

Attachments

• python 1.jpg
    python 1.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 359
  • python 2.jpg
    python 2.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 355
  • python 3.jpg
    python 3.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 272
  • python 4.jpg
    python 4.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 213
  • python 5.jpg
    python 5.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 301
I like the style of that one for sure. So what do you think of the leather? Is it durable? Dies the metallic finish look like it would flake over time?
It is definately a bag that catches my eye. ;)
I sure would live to raid your closet!!!

Is this 14770? She's 2nd on my BuyList!

Gorgeous, L:heart:VE the style and details!

I've seen a couple of the newer Kristin pieces, and this color lining is being used often, I really like it!

Enjoy Her!!!

No, I totally understand what you're saying! I agree! Everything was called large, but one was really XL and one regular size. Very confusing!! The one I just bought is the XL size and is larger than the croc (ink or black...not the subsequent pink, peony etc, which were smaller sizes than the ink and black). I used to not feel comfortable with the XL size, and now I like it more! :biggrin:

good to know.....thanks for that. i thought the xl was huge at first too but then loved it. it's the same size as the annie and i love that bag. i wish they would've came out with more colors in it. i would've ordered everyone of them. i hate calling and getting told two different things. i want to make sure i'm getting a numbered one before i order so i asked for quantity and was told less than 30....well duh, if they only made 28 then i would hope it would be less than 30! i asked about le and was told, i'm not sure. no, let me check on that or anything....just i'm not sure. well thanks....when can i push pound to take a cs survey?!? :smile:

I really, really think that nobody knows! I'm one to do digging, but there is always a certain firewall that's up, kwim? Who knows why they have them at this point, and it's really not in their basic info. I asked if they got info on the flagship opening, etc, and I was told no, but I don't know. I googled to find the articles, but I'm still digging. There's one other person I want to talk to, but it's likely one of those things that we will probably never get just "one" answer on, lol! And yeah, know what you mean about the quantity info. Sometimes they are nice and tell you exact, and other times it's like some huge top secret piece of info that they'll have to kill you to tell you! :P I think probably right now they are all LE, though..at least the Maggies that are here in stock.

Is this 14770? She's 2nd on my BuyList!

Gorgeous, L:heart:VE the style and details!

I've seen a couple of the newer Kristin pieces, and this color lining is being used often, I really like it!

Enjoy Her!!!

Get it REALLY fast, sweetie! I was told it was down to 27 when my SA ordered it!! It went from like 1276 or something like that down to that amount in a couple of weeks or so! That's honestly why I didn't wait! They have less stock in the other pieces, but they were not selling like this bag. Don't know if maybe they already moved some stock to stores, which is why it went down to 27 in a week, or it's just orders, but make sure you get it!!

Oh yeah, I wanted to edit and say I LOVE this lining, and wish the turq. had it!! Boring lining on that one!!

Last edited:
I like the style of that one for sure. So what do you think of the leather? Is it durable? Dies the metallic finish look like it would flake over time?
It is definately a bag that catches my eye. ;)
I sure would live to raid your closet!!!

Possibly! The leather looks better than it feels..and I will be honest about that! It's thin. But then at least it's a patterned metallic, so I don't know that flaking would be as noticeable. Even the real stuff lifts and peels. I have the real thing, and every time I use them, I wish they were printed, kwim?