Madison Floral Embossed XL Maggie and Kristin Metallic Python D-string Hobo (Pg 5)!!

gorgeous baglady! really a pretty bag!

the sizes in the maggies were so wacky at first that i wanted to make sure before i order one.....this new one of yours is the xl right? if so, is it the same size as the croc embossed or is it even larger than that? they came out with the crackled in xl and it is gigantic and i love it! i'm hoping these xl's are the really big ones too and not the old large size that they are now calling xl! i hope this isn't confusing you.

Thank you for posting! The Maggie is GORGEOUS! I'm still thinking about the floral Audrey in eggshell...Looking forward to your Python pics tomorrow and your review on that bag. ;)

The XL dimensions are the same as the large(black) embossed croc.

thanks for responding so quick. now i won't obsess over ordering one tonight.

i hate that. they should so not pass that off as xl when in fact it's only the large. ugh. i was hoping it really would be the xl since it has the pleats back in the front and is more like the original style.

OMG I've never been a Maggie fan but this is GORGE. :drool:

I am a TRUE SUCKER for anything floral... :heart:

So this is the Bronze color maggie? Can you please do a size comparison with a Gigi? or a Legacy Peyton? (whichever one you can find first. LOL)

and of course 8 out of 28..That's a hell of a lucky number! (8 is the lucky Chinese number) Perfect for the China Flagship edition! I bet a lot of Chinese women were dying to get the #8 bag (if they ordered). :P

Thanks so much everyone!! I really appreciate the kind words and comments!! :flowers: It was kind of a surprise for me. My Audrey version comes today, but I'm sure this is the bag I will keep!

I'm sorry for the python delay....the bag did not arrive till late afternoon, and I wasn't able to get the photos up last night. I will post those shortly this morning and then update the thread!

gorgeous baglady! really a pretty bag!

the sizes in the maggies were so wacky at first that i wanted to make sure before i order one.....this new one of yours is the xl right? if so, is it the same size as the croc embossed or is it even larger than that? they came out with the crackled in xl and it is gigantic and i love it! i'm hoping these xl's are the really big ones too and not the old large size that they are now calling xl! i hope this isn't confusing you.

No, I totally understand what you're saying! I agree! Everything was called large, but one was really XL and one regular size. Very confusing!! The one I just bought is the XL size and is larger than the croc (ink or black...not the subsequent pink, peony etc, which were smaller sizes than the ink and black). I used to not feel comfortable with the XL size, and now I like it more! :biggrin:

The XL dimensions are the same as the large(black) embossed croc.

Hmm...that's interesting! I don't remember where I got the dimensions, whether I copied it down from a thread on here or got them from someone else, but there may be an error somewhere. Maybe I copied it down wrong. I'm going to verify that, but I'm sure my floral is larger than my ink croc. I will actually get the bags out and do side by side photo comps. This is the older style Maggie to me...same pleat, etc., and I guess I only have the Ruby Maggies, which are a XL size. The rest of mine are the regular (old style regular or "large"). I'll post photos as soon as I can!

OMG I've never been a Maggie fan but this is GORGE. :drool:

I am a TRUE SUCKER for anything floral... :heart:

So this is the Bronze color maggie? Can you please do a size comparison with a Gigi? or a Legacy Peyton? (whichever one you can find first. LOL)

and of course 8 out of 28..That's a hell of a lucky number! (8 is the lucky Chinese number) Perfect for the China Flagship edition! I bet a lot of Chinese women were dying to get the #8 bag (if they ordered). :P

Oh, thank you so much!! I admit I've never been a HUGE Maggie fan either. I have some, but there are styles I like more. I loved the metallics and Ruby Maggies from the older sets. I think the floral pattern looks nice on this bag! Yes, this is the bronze color, and NP on the comp pics! Actually either one is easy enough...my Peytons are grouped together now, and I just pulled out my spectator Gigi to show DH the difference in color between that and gardenia, and the size diff. So, I will post photos as soon as I can today!!

Also thank you for pointing out the lucky number! I had NO clue!!! :nuts: I actually kind of feel bad about being clueless too because I have some Chinese friends and have worked with many of them at school and in the work place, and I didn't even know that!! I guess it never came up as a topic of conversation, or I didn't pay attention. I was kind of hoping for 1, 7, 13, something like that, lol. Anyway, I will treasure this bag even more now that I know it is a special number. Thank you!!

Kinda shocked because I almost never get lucky, lol! :P I think these are purely random that I've noticed, which I would suspect that after opening, going through QC, and putting them up as stock. Too bad you can't specify the number, but I asked once, and the person was like "Wha??..." Ha, ha, never hurts to ask! :biggrin:

that maggie is stunning, i was thinking of getting the audrey, but seeing how the smaller maggie is cheaper and much more stunning i think im going to get that. i had two sabrinas already, so i dont need another bag that shape and maggie would fill a gap in my collection. but oh the choices, i hate having to order, color unseen. that's a lot of money for my bank account right now and i wish i could see it first and know that it definitely is or isnt le or how many jax has, ugh it's so frustrating. thanks baglady though i think you helped me make up my mind a little bit more =]

Yeah, this is tough! I have been backing off and was sort of waiting on reveals before I ordered the Audrey, etc, but then I couldn't stop since I was curious on the Maggie. I ended up liking it more in some ways, which surprised me, so you never know! I've ordered too many sight unseen and had it be a disappointment, and I hate trying to return stuff a lot, but sometimes you have to. I'm not sure at the difference in price between the two Maggies whether there will be a difference in reality or not! The price differential has ALWAYS bothered me with this bag, which is one reason (along with size) that I started out with the regular size Maggies. Not sure what makes this bag jump up even more in price than the crackle metallics...that makes me nervous! The reg Maggies are due to be avail around March 11, so it's not that far away. Maybe purchase an Audrey now while the getting is still good and then wait to see what the regular Maggies look like. Then you could exchange. At least you do know that right now, the Audrey is LE! The only fear is sell out in backorder for the Maggie, which has definitely happened many times before...you just never know! At that lower price point, I think it is a concern that it could sell out that way or sell out quickly when it's avail.

It's kind of a worry to me.... I really would like to limit it at one of each, one Audrey and one Maggie....but I keep wanting the other colors too!

Wow, Baglady that Maggie is beautiful!!! I like that the Coach name plate in not front and center on it, the floral pattern is the star and gives a clean uncluttered look. I love the hangtag and Coach emblem to the side with the mirror it gives it that extra elegance to the bag. I really want one of these. I wonder it they will be around next month?

ITA! I like that there's more real estate to showcase the pattern in an uncluttered fashion...and just one pleat. The Audrey is a bit squatty to do a large pattern, and has more going on in general with the bag, but still I think it was carried off quite well too. I really like both, but if I had to choose based on pattern, then I love this uncluttered look!

The only thing I can tell you is that for the Maggies currently in stock, which I was told are bronze and violet, they have a "limited number" avail. Not sure what that is since I didn't push during the order. I think they are down to 9 violet Audreys as of yesterday, though. There are also 28 LE pieces of each color of the Maggie, but at the much higher price point, maybe this version will hang around longer?? I would call and check frequently with JAX, and when it gets critical, maybe make a decision? Some stores will give you PAs, and PCE is near. Not sure about any exclusions, but I suppose that's always a possibility too if you have to buy now!

Beautiful bag! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. Your pictures convinced me that I "needed" to get one of the floral embroidered Maggies. I decided on the regular/small Maggie in eggshell...it won't be shipped until March.

Oh well, no purple Maggie for me then since it only comes in the XL size (thanks for that info. baglady, didn't know that).

Can't wait to see yours when you get it cltw...
It might help me make up my mind if I want to take the plunge on this one or not.
More often than not it seems, the DD pictures (color) is so unreliable. RL pics. are always better.