Madison event on Sept 16 from 6-10pm

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
SOME boutiques only (here in NJ it's just at the Short Hills location), there will be an event to introduce the new Madison line on Sept 16. It's not really by invitation only, meaning that you don't have to have a paper invite, but they will probably call to let you know about it. I believe the calls will start around the 11th from what I was told. It runs from 6-10pm (Thurs. evening), and supposedly if you buy one of the Madison bags AT FULL PRICE during the event, then they will monogram your hang tag for free. WOW...like I really want my initials on the hang tag for when I go to sell it later on Ebay... :P

Anyway, just passing along info. I'm not certain if this varies by state, but this is what I was told for NJ. No PCE for this month, and no discount on the Madisons for the event either..... although if you're lucky, you can get drunk on some champagne while you're there!! Actually, I guess they're hoping you'll get drunk enough to hand the plastic right over to them!! :roflmfao:

Pfft!!! What a stupid idea and what a stupid event! I can't believe that they forfeited an insane amount of possible PCE sales for this! Those people in corporate really need to give their heads a shake.

I just realize I typed the wrong date (I couldn't read the SA's handwriting on the card well). The event is actually the 18th, NOT the 16th! Sorry!

I also received an invite for the 18th at the Madison Avenue store in NYC. But mine wasn't hand written and there was nothing about champagne.

... I wonder if the event will be different at the Madison store as they are launching the Madison line?

I got a call about this today as well. There will be champagne and chocolate at the one here. But I'm holding out for a PCE! No full priced purchases for me any time soon!