Madeleine PM or Rosewood Vernis, pls help

lain

Mar 24, 2010
I want to buy an LV and I love the look of both bags. The sizes of these bags are almost equal and would be enough to hold all my things.
I heard lots of scary story about how epi leather leather can wrinkle and peeled but I also don't think I'll be able to keep the vachetta on rosewood clean. Please give me your opinion about this. TIA :smile:

I have both and neither have exhibited any problems so far.

The Madeleine is heavier than the Rosewood and you can put more in the Madeleine.

The Epi is more subtle than the Vernis line, if you often encounter situations where a designer bag is not the best idea then getting an Epi bag is great.
Vernis is so pretty, the color just pops, you bag will likely get lots of attention.

The Rosewood has large vachetta handles and is likely to get dirty, you can use sprays to make it easier to keep.

I am a lot more careful with my Rosewood than the Madeleine, probably because it is still in great pristine condition. If the handles get a little dirty I will baby it less like my Reade.

I had the same problem a few years ago. I first bought the madeline and then I saw the rosewood and I returned the madeleine and I am so happy I did. Here they both are.

PC231293.jpg

PC241309.jpg

I don't own either but when I tried both on the store I found the madeleine has slightly longer shoulder straps the rosewood straps would be a tight fit if you a larger girl I also think the madeleine's straps are to thin and narrow just my opinion!

@RPGBuff: Yes, the Madeleine doesn't scream LV to lots of people, but still, I wouldn't be toting it if the trips involve walking down the street. In my country, the streets aren't safe, even the major ones.

Vernis color on rosewood is one of its selling point for me (*shinyyyy*:nuts:) but I also read about problem with color transfer (is it really easier to happen to vernis?). The vachetta is my biggest concern. I often get my hands dirty (from food, petting my dog,etc). Even after washing my hands I still have the risk of getting water marks. I know there are a lot of TPFers who succeeds in using water&stain repellent, but there are some who complain getting unfavourable result, e.g. dark vachetta. If it happens to me i'd probably cry for a month.

@beljwl : I can see why you traded your madeleine. The rosewood is very beautiful (the dog is very cute too). Everytime I'm nearly sold on madeleine, these real life rosewood pictures always make me doubt again.

@deepott : non adjustable shoulder straps on madeleine also worry me, because I'm only 5'2''. Hopefully the bag wouldn't be at an awkward position for my height. As for the thin and narrow factor, well, I don't carry heavy things anyway, as long as the straps are not easy to break. I'm not very slender, but I don't think I will have any problems with the tight fitting of rosewood straps.

To other ladies, thank you very much for your votes :smile:

Iain - I was in the same situation 3 years ago....couldn't decide between the two. I ended up like RPGBuff got both. I have the Black Epi Madeleine PM and Pearl Vernis Rosewood. Happy with both contrasting colours.

I use the Black Madeleine PM mainly for work, easier to maintain without vachetta and Pearl Rosewood on weekends and dinners. By the way, I seldom adjust the straps on Rosewood. Madeleine carries more than Rosewood although their sizes are about the same.

lilmountaingirl - yes you can still get the Madeleine.

Iain - I was in the same situation 3 years ago....couldn't decide between the two. I ended up like RPGBuff got both. I have the Black Epi Madeleine PM and Pearl Vernis Rosewood. Happy with both contrasting colours.

I use the Black Madeleine PM mainly for work, easier to maintain without vachetta and Pearl Rosewood on weekends and dinners. By the way, I seldom adjust the straps on Rosewood. Madeleine carries more than Rosewood although their sizes are about the same.

lilmountaingirl - yes you can still get the Madeleine.

nvie, we are purse twins! I have a Black Epi Madeleine PM also but a Pomme Vernis Rosewood. :yahoo:

I am also using mine the same way you are using yours :nuts:

iain, get both!!!

I vote for the madeleine because it's so worry free. I think you'll be more likely to carry it. I have the Roxbury but rarely carry it because of the vachetta, though I think it's beautiful. "Closet art" as some say ;)

nvie, we are purse twins! I have a Black Epi Madeleine PM also but a Pomme Vernis Rosewood. :yahoo:

I am also using mine the same way you are using yours :nuts:

iain, get both!!!

:drinkup: Here's a toast to RGBuff! I love both bags and yes Iain get both and you won't regret it. Seems like you are a fan of shoulder bags. There's not that many shoulder bags under the Epi and Vernis range!
Good luck!