Madeleine Boots Review!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I got my Madeleine boots in Brandy today. :yahoo: I have wide feet and short legs, so finding a flattering pair of flat boots is difficult. These boots do not run wide, IMO, but not necessarily narrow either. I am going to have to get them stretched to comfortably accommodate my feet, but other than that - I love them! They hit right under my knee and the calves have just enough gap to tuck straight leg jeans into. I have average calves - probably around 14".

Anyway, right after I tried them on, I went to Hayden Harnett's website to order a pair in Eucalyptus, but they are no longer on sale. :crybaby: Well, hopefully that color will be around for a little while longer.

2. Yummy. Can we PLEASE see pics? Did you happen to size up at all or just got your usual size?

3. I did not size up. They seemed to run True to size as far as length went, IMO. I won't be able to get pics up for awhile, though, I can try as soon as I have more time.

4. Glad they're keepers!

5. i also found them to be not wide but not narrow. glad you like your new boots!

6. I'm worried the calf will be huge on me :sad: My calves are 12.5" with skinny jeans on, so a boot that fits a 17" I'm afraid will be floppy. How does the calf fit?

7. ^^I went and measured mine and the shaft is actually 15" around rather than 17" (on a size 6.5) maybe it gets wider on bigger sizes? Also, my calf is 13.5" around bare-legged and I have only a cm of gap with jeans tucked in. You will have some gapping, but probably not a ton.

8. Can I get some more info about the Madeline fit? I usually wear an 8 in flats, but generally wear an 8.5 or even 9 in boots. (I have some Cole Haan air boots that I had to size up to a 9.)

So which size should I get? 8, 8.5, or 9?

9. i think you shoud stick to your regular size, i love HH. i'm usually 8.5-9 for flats (had to try a 9.5-10 in cole haan heels once...eek!), 9 in boots.

i tried on the boots in 9. fit comfortably w/ socks on! so i would say 8.5 to be safe (and you might have a bit extra room). now that i think of it, an 8.5 MIGHT have fit me in HH boots (i returned madeline for zeldas...i have a bit of room in them in a 9). hth!