made to order/tailor made/commande speciale - Horizons

Just leaving the suggestion of a specially designed bag for a moment -
I don't fully understand your predicament - there are loads of bags that would take a laptop.
What extra features are you requiring that rule out Sacs a Depeches, 35/40 Birkins, Kellys, HACs, Citybacks to name but a few?

SaD/B/hacs don’t have shoulder strap. Shoulder strap is a must; bag handles have difficulties staying on my narrow shoulder and I need both hands free on transit.

Even K35 looks stuffed with a laptop in it, with no room left for a pair of heels.

For city backs, I personally don’t like the look of backpack over dress/skirt.

Periogirl28’s suggestion is spot on - slimmer but taller version of Victoria/Plume with shoulder strap and a separate compartment for laptop will be ideal.

Thank you Periogirl28! Yes, that most important first step!

We are on the same page! My first instinct was to check out Victoria and Victoria briefcase too! I tried on both in store and they are both beautiful. A slimmer, slightly taller Victoria with shoulder strap will be perfect! Going to my home store next week and wish me luck!
The Victoria briefcase is so elegant and would be great with a strap and possibly an external pocket.

Reactions: Yoshi1296
ohh, yes to an external pocket! Now the perfect work bag is gradually coming into shape :heart:

Whilst the prospects Horizons offers are incredibly exciting, be warned that this is a very costly endeavour. For a fairly standard bag, you can expect to pay 3-4 times the price of a similar model. Patience must also be employed as it's quite a slow process.

Nevertheless, if it's within your budget, it really is a fabulous process, right from the very begging!

Look forward to hearing more. :girlsigh:

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Whilst the prospects Horizons offers are incredibly exciting, be warned that this is a very costly endeavour. For a fairly standard bag, you can expect to pay 3-4 times the price of a similar model. Patience must also be employed as it's quite a slow process.

Nevertheless, if it's within your budget, it really is a fabulous process, right from the very begging!

Look forward to hearing more. :girlsigh:
Invaluable advice! Money and time are indeed both very important factors!

I need a work bag promptly being in the last month of my year long maternity leave, so I have to get “a work bag” ASAP no matter whether I pursue the horizon order route or not.

I am going into my home store this week with my laptop, firstly to further query about the horizon order and secondly to try out any quick fix “stand in” options, although I understand there is nothing “quick” when it comes to H.

Thank you to everyone for your wisdom and support; I will keep updating!

SaD/B/hacs don’t have shoulder strap. Shoulder strap is a must; bag handles have difficulties staying on my narrow shoulder and I need both hands free on transit.

Even K35 looks stuffed with a laptop in it, with no room left for a pair of heels.

For city backs, I personally don’t like the look of backpack over dress/skirt.

Periogirl28’s suggestion is spot on - slimmer but taller version of Victoria/Plume with shoulder strap and a separate compartment for laptop will be ideal.

You had not made it clear about the need to shoulder carry, but I fully appreciate the desirability.
Luxury briefcases with that facility are few on the ground.
This bag, fully loaded, is going to become very heavy.
Laptop, heels, perhaps baby things might also find their way in as well.
The greater the capacity, the greater the temptation to load.

Invaluable advice! Money and time are indeed both very important factors!

I need a work bag promptly being in the last month of my year long maternity leave, so I have to get “a work bag” ASAP no matter whether I pursue the horizon order route or not.

I am going into my home store this week with my laptop, firstly to further query about the horizon order and secondly to try out any quick fix “stand in” options, although I understand there is nothing “quick” when it comes to H.

Thank you to everyone for your wisdom and support; I will keep updating!

Enjoy the process. It doesn't take all that long to get to pricing; the long wait is after that.
Work bags are hard to find; I've often considered having one made. Simply adding a laptop compartment to any one of several designs would be great.