Made in the USA

Hi, all! So my older Speedy 25 was produced in 2006 and says 'Made in the USA' on the vachetta tab....no cloth tag. The cloth tag does not bother me personally, but I do notice that this old Speedy of mine seems to be of a little higher quality. Anyone else notice this? What year did the quality start to decline? I ask as I am looking around for a preloved bag.

thank you for posting this!! i'm also a LV newbie.... got bitten by the bug and the obsession is full blown right now!! lol this is such good information!!

If you look hard you can find a nice older speedy that doesn't need a handle replacement.
Here is my Speedy it's a 2004. The NF is from 2007 I bought both preloved. ;)

wow, just wow!! the vachetta on both is so even and such a beautiful color. what's the cloth tag everyone's talking about?? is it where the keys/lock hang?? sorry, total nube here!

thank you for posting this!! i'm also a LV newbie.... got bitten by the bug and the obsession is full blown right now!! lol this is such good information!!
Sure! I have 2 mono speedy bags. One is a 30 brand new almost and made in the USA with a cloth tag....I love it still! However my older 2006 speedy 25 is also made in the USA and it says it on the vachetta. This bag had held up so well and still looks practically new!

Thank you. :smile:
The cloth tag is on the inside of the bag. But as of last month the cloth tag is made of leather.

that's so strange!
they went from leather "MIU" to cloth "MIU" back to the leather ones? lol
I thought I remember watching a youtube vid where a girl said they must be listening to us because her MIU bag had the leather tag instead of the cloth ones.
and here I thought it was because I was sooo tired and thought I dreamt it! LOL

that's so strange!
they went from leather "MIU" to cloth "MIU" back to the leather ones? lol
I thought I remember watching a youtube vid where a girl said they must be listening to us because her MIU bag had the leather tag instead of the cloth ones.
and here I thought it was because I was sooo tired and thought I dreamt it! LOL

The pre cloth tags had the "made in USA" on the outside leather tab.
Then the cloth tag came which is on the inside of the bag and they changed the leather tab on the outside to read.. "Louis Vuitton Paris".
Now the inside cloth tag is made of leather but the outside leather tab still only says "Louis Vuitton Paris".
Hope tha made sense. lol
I know confusing...

The pre cloth tags had the "made in USA" on the outside leather tab.
Then the cloth tag came which is on the inside of the bag and they changed the leather tab on the outside to read.. "Louis Vuitton Paris".
Now the inside cloth tag is made of leather but the outside leather tab still only says "Louis Vuitton Paris".
Hope tha made sense. lol
I know confusing...
oohhhh ok, no I understood!
thank you for clarifying! lol

Sure! I have 2 mono speedy bags. One is a 30 brand new almost and made in the USA with a cloth tag....I love it still! However my older 2006 speedy 25 is also made in the USA and it says it on the vachetta. This bag had held up so well and still looks practically new!

i know what cloth tag you're talking about now!! these started appearing on the NF's after 2011 i believe - it's red and says "Made in the USA, of imported materials" on it. okay now i'm caught up :biggrin:

I just bought a Speedy B and it still has the cloth tag and was just made - I think it might depend on the bag whether or not they have a leather or cloth tag. I originally started with a MIF and the quality was so so, I exchanged it for a MIU and I am much happier. I would have loved to have the MIF but I think just depends on the bag, and not where it's made, that will have an effect on quality. Some get lucky! I have many older LV bags that are definitely better quality than my more recent purchases. Oh well....

My MIU bags have held up just as well as my MIF. My Cabas Piano is MIU from 2006 and it looks great! Canvas is thick and in perfect condition! I love MIU! The only part I am not so crazy about is that darn cloth tag, but it IS inside the bag. So I'm just not sure why the decision was made to make it cloth. Just seems sort of lame....I went to all 3 of my LV boutiques the week before last and the SAs told me no more MIF are coming in on the bags just the smaller items, like SLGs. I was buying a Favorite and none of the stores had MIF!