Made In France

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. When did the stamp of Made In France appear on the Hermes bags?

The pictures in the thread in the reference library don't show up anymore.

2. I would wait for the experts to chip in, but to my knowledge it was in the 80,s but don't hold me to it.

:bump:

3. The "Made In France" appeared sometimes around 1970. However, I think that it was used inconsistantly until 72ish
    My A-Circle bag doesn't have it.
    My C-Cirgle agenda does, as does my E circle bag.

However I have seen a D-circle bag without the "Made in France" stamp.

4. exactly it was put on all products in the 70s and by 1974 it was ageneral condition for all artisans to use it my 1967 kelly does not have it, and it is said that many artisans considered it an insult because the legend made in france is well... in english but it served its purpose very well besides its so much harder to stamp them correctly because the font is tiny and as we know it should come out perfect sometimes better than pefect after all this is hermes ! hopeit helps birkel

5. p.s does anyone have A BIRKIN WITH STAMP IN THE OTHER LONGER MORE VERTICAL FORMAT IT HAD