"Made in France" - which side it should be on for a flap?

Jun 13, 2014
I have heard some flaps have "Made in France" on the side where the Chanel logo is while I have also heard some flaps have "Made in France" on the opposite side of the logo. Would you ladies help clarify for me? Maybe certain bag made during certain period determine such? .... a bit confused... :smile: Since I am considering getting a pre-loved handbag, would like to learn about the details as much as possible. If this has already been discussed, I apologized. Some guidance to the discussed thread would be appreciated. :biggrin:

You can check out the authenticate thread and post the bag you're getting (with ample photos and information), to see about getting it authenticated.

I have heard some flaps have "Made in France" on the side where the Chanel logo is while I have also heard some flaps have "Made in France" on the opposite side of the logo. Would you ladies help clarify for me? Maybe certain bag made during certain period determine such? .... a bit confused... :smile: Since I am considering getting a pre-loved handbag, would like to learn about the details as much as possible. If this has already been discussed, I apologized. Some guidance to the discussed thread would be appreciated. :biggrin:

There is also a you tube video on this topic - there are exceptions to the rule, depending on the style and where the bag was made. HTH

It has been found in both locations. On older bags it will be located opposite the CHANEL stamp and on newer bags it is located below the CHANEL stamp. However, be sure to have every bag authenticated prior to purchase.