Made in France vs. Made in USA

Acutally there are many, many threads on this, please try doing a search in here and in the Louis Vuitton Reference Section for a lot of good info. Thanks!

hi,

i was wondering is there any difference between made in france and made in USA LV bags?
is there generally a price difference or basically same? and if it gets sold out, are they both worth the same value?

thanks! :heart:

There is no price difference when you're buying from the boutique. Some may argue that the France ones are worth more, since there are people who prefer Made in France and they just might pay slightly more for them :shrugs: I wouldn't though...there is no difference to me :smile:

No difference to me, dearie. No difference in prices at the boutique here, in the US. My brown monogram bags are "made in usa". My two multicolor monogram pieces are "made in france". My brown mono wallet says "made in spain".

I think it's just a matter of personal preference. Also, if I happen to be in France I would definitely pick up a bag or two. Otherwise my trip wouldn't be complete :smile:.

hi,

i was wondering is there any difference between made in france and made in USA LV bags?
is there generally a price difference or basically same? and if it gets sold out, are they both worth the same value?

thanks! :heart:

Louis Vuitton is Louis Vuitton regardless of USA, paris,spain or france.
Price difference would reflect the dollar, versa the Euro

Please excuse my ignorance, but can someone please explain to me the difference between a LV bag made in France and one made in USA. Is one preferred?
Sorry if this is a common topic, I just don't have time to search.
TIA:flowers:

Its all the same. Neither is better then the other. For some strange reason some people have issues and have to have bags made in france..

All I care about is that it is authentic, doesnt matter if its made in USA,france or paris/spain.

There's no difference in quality but some people prefer to buy the European-made bags becuase they're more in line with LV's French heritage. The USA bags are made in San Dimas, CA and are sold exclusively to the US market, so you'll only see them here.

I myself only buy the European-made items- it's harder but you can generally track one down for pretty much any bag.