Made in England vs made in Turkey

My Lexy is made in Turkey whereas my zip around wallet is made in England. I must confess, I felt like a child under the Christmas tree, when I found the MIE tag in the wallet. :smile: I can't see differences in quality between the two items, but the MIE makes the wallet a little bit more special to me, although Lexy is my HG.

So I'm with everybody else here who wants/prefers MIE Mulbs.

I had never been a huge fan of the Bayswater having tried 2 and moved them on very quickly . However I am a huge fan of both Oak and Darwin leather and when a pre loved Bays came on the market with the Made In England tag I went for it and it was 3rd time lucky and love at first sight . There is something special about the Mulberry icon with that little tag inside .

There are many threads about this topic. Below are a couple I ineresting ones:

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/your-mulberry-where-was-it-made-and-is-766536.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/authentic-mulberrys-also-made-in-turkey-or-china-51231.html

Personally, my favorite mulberry is tricolor primrose, made in Turkey.
The made in England tags haven't assured me of "superior" quality, yet--just a street cred. thing, maybe, fueled here.
All my others bags have those England tags. Perhaps if I resold, this would matter more in useful terms?
Just really nice bags, wherever assembled factory-wise, imo.

I have two made in Turkey and one made in England and the quality is all consistent. However I totally agree with what others have said; if I saw a made in China one I would definitely be put off!! In fact I don't think I'd buy it at all unless it was my holy grail small willow in ballet pink! Xx

I'm brand new to Mulberry, just walked in to a boutique on May 2 and got two bags, one is a Medium Lily Made in England, the other is an Effie Satchel Made in China. I love both of them and can't tell a difference as far as quality, although they are very very different leathers (Natural vs Soft Spongy). Also since then, I bought a Tree zip around wallet (England) and Bayswater double zip tote (Italy). All 4 items are beautiful Mulberry quality. I bought the made in China Effie from a true Mulberry boutique though, so I had no qualms. Also, it isn't like with LV where the bag is stamped on the outside for others to see, Mulberry is quite discreet.

I try not to worry too much about where my Mulbs have come from.

When I brought my Bays I didn't even think to ask where it was made, and I think I had it couple of weeks before I even thought to look.

It was as I was searching for that little black tag that I realised just how much I wanted it to say made in England.

There is something just a little bit special about a bag that came from the home of Mulberry I think.

Oh, my Bays was made in England, and my Beautiful Lily is made in Turkey (although I had to go and get her out to check where she came from!). :giggles:

Just off topic, makes wonder if the return Mulberry bags to the store will the store resell it? More of a change mind type of returns not because of faulty reason.