Made in England......or not?

lcy32

O.G.
Feb 5, 2009
Just wondered how important it is for you to have a Mulberry with the elusive 'Made in England' little black tag inside?

I have my eye on a lovely Summer Bays and if I wait a few days I could get one at 10% off but no guarantee of Made in England.

I could order today without the 10% and guarantee Made in England.

I have limited funds and would like to buy a raspberry Lily too eventually so what would you do?

It'll be interesting to see everyones views. It might help me to make up my ever indecisive mind!!

TIA

If its a particular colour bays I wanted then I quickly stop thinking about where it's made from, having it made in England is a bonus but not a deal breaker for me.

Just wondered how important it is for you to have a Mulberry with the elusive 'Made in England' little black tag inside?

I have my eye on a lovely Summer Bays and if I wait a few days I could get one at 10% off but no guarantee of Made in England.

I could order today without the 10% and guarantee Made in England.

I have limited funds and would like to buy a raspberry Lily too eventually so what would you do?

It'll be interesting to see everyones views. It might help me to make up my ever indecisive mind!!

TIA
I like made in England.... but its not essential for me and i don't believe that it affects it's value really. I'm interested to know, how you know you can guarantee it now. Is it one you've checked out?? If so, and you love the grain...thats what seals the deal for me :smile:

I would go for the 10% deal. Why would you want to pay an extra 10% on a bag costing hundreds just to get a little black label saying' Made in England'? Doesn't make any sense to me.

I could pay 10% extra to get the bag made in England. If I plan to pay a lot for a bag, I want it to be perfect. For me made in EU is ok but never buy anything made in China. I have a couple of Burberry bags and jackets, the one made in Italy is obvious much more carefully made than the one made in China.

For me it's all about the leather. As long as the leather is lovely & grainy I'm happy. An added bonus is the made in England label but the priority for me is the lush leather.

I agree, if I had to choose between a lovely grainy leather or a bag to be made in England a superb leather grain would def win. The made in England tag would only be a extra bonus! :smile:

I think as long as it is well made and you love the leather you may as well get the 10% off. That said, I love the fact that my oak Bays is a Made in England one - it makes it all that more special to me! :smile:

Its very nice to have but not essential for me...

.....having said that my bargain bays tote has a 'made in england' label which has made it even more special...
Oh I would love one of those. :greengrin:
Just saw one on eBay listed, made in England but its a definite fake!!! Omg and its in my home town too.... The fakes are too close to home for my liking!! Lol xx
Enjoy your beauty.

I love the Made in England tag, but like a lot of the other girls here if the bag is well made and looks good I would go for the 10% off! You never know you may get one with a Made in England tag :biggrin: