Made by the same people that make for Bottega Veneta?

the people that orignally had bottega still make bags in italy
I forget their names but I have it someplace
someone I know was given a bag that looked just like a Bottega
same weave just the shape was all wrong
and I said to her this isn't a bottega
and she showed me the label and it was made by the original Bottega people
it was a family that started Bottega

I saw one of the bags: Falorni Italia Le Borse at TJ Maxx and I thought it was a Bottega Veneta. It was in the runway section of the store. I asked them to hold it for me which they did, but when I went to get it, they said a customer came in right before me and said that bag was being held for her, so they sold it to her and I did not get the bag. It was priced much lower than a Bottega.

The Moltedo family owned Bottega before Gucci Group acquired it in 2001. When Tomas Maier was brought on board, the cabat was one of the first bags he designed. Any bag that looks like a cabat, that is not a Bottega bag, is simply a fake.

^^^:tup: I was taught this way! - To buy one very fine, well made item instead of a dozen inferior made items. It really holds true!! I wore a blouse and vest from 20 years ago last night (back in style!) My Hermes scarves are every bit 25+ years, like brand new!

^^^:tup: I was taught this way! - To buy one very fine, well made item instead of a dozen inferior made items. It really holds true!! I wore a blouse and vest from 20 years ago last night (back in style!) My Hermes scarves are every bit 25+ years, like brand new!

I feel like quoting this. I want to make it my motto. I buy way too much rubbish.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm new to Bottega. While looking a Bottega bag the other day the SA told me that Falorni bags were made in the original Bottega Factory and were every bit as well made. I was skeptical and can't find anything on google. So I searched the Bottega section and found this thread. Can anyone tell me if this true. Are Falorni bags as well made. At $995 I might be willing to take the risk.

these are the people that started Bottega

Bottega Veneta was established in 1966 by Michele Taddei and Renzo Zengiaro.

I kinda agree with BVgirl. If it's not made by Bottega, it isn't a Bottega