Made Better?

Barber0801

Aug 23, 2013
Super fan of Mulberry, in fact the way I buy them I'll be bankrupt by December!! (only joking)....

Anyway, is it true that a bag made in England is better quality than say a bag made in Turkey? I just recently read that I wondered if that's the case?!?

Any thoughts x

madmadmo

O.G.
Oct 26, 2009
Nottingham
Not true as far as I am concerned. I have bags made in England, Spain, Turkey and China and without checking the made in label I wouldn't be able to tell. I just buy bags that look in good condition.

NY2005

May 11, 2014
I don't think its true as far as I'm concerned either - all the bags I have bought are excellent quality or I wouldn't buy them!
I agree, I can't tell any difference. Its just nice to find a made in England tag isn't it !

Jul 9, 2009
I think going forward the more expensive bags will all be made in England in the new factory so in theory better quality reflecting in the higher price tag but I'm not convinced

Mulberrygal

Jul 30, 2012
UK South East Coast
No definitely don't think there is any difference in the quality. It's lovely to have a " made in England" tag and I much prefer it. It's sad they ever cheapened the brand by moving away in the first place.

I expect part of the reason why prices have gone up is because wages are far higher here. Then there's far more expensive advertising etc etc

MissStephie

Jan 4, 2014
To be honest, I find it quite important that my bag is made in england and my goods are made in italy. I can't really tell why, it's just that I immediately associate china/turkey with bad quality fakes of designer bags. As In quality, I can't really tell if theres any difference....but it's good to see that there doesn't seem to be one.