Madame Claud -- SOS

Jul 30, 2006
hi ladies,

i recently bought a black patent pair of louboutins -- it has an elastic string at the end to hold your feet in the shoe. the sides are cut low so there is really only material at the front and the back heel. I believe it should be called madame claud?

I purchased the shoe in size 37 (the usual size i wear for louboutins) but do find that it slips, especially for my left shoe. i've asked around and it seems that this is irreparable since you can't add in a heel tuck due to the elastic string.

do you ladies have any suggestions or tips or should i just write it off as a lost cause? :shucks:

Instead of trying to pad the back, pad the front. It'll push your foot backwards against the heel cup instead. I have the Mme Claudes, and I have Dr. Scholl's Ball of Foot gel inserts. Foot petals might help if it's just a matter of sliding forward because of the pitch, but I use Dr. Scholl's if the gap is significant. You can find them at any Shoppers.

You may want to check the thread in the Reference section on other suggestions!

^^ i tried that but then it makes the FRONT too small!!
i can't believe this -- its either too big or too small

sometimes i think i'm crazy because shoes should NOT be this complicated :wondering

i was wondering if there is something i can do with the elastic to make it hold better....

Don't despair!! :smile: My Mme Claudes are the most "engineered" of all my CLs. I have wide feet, so I had to do the sock stretch trick for the front; when the front got comfortable, the length was too long, so I had to put in front half insoles; then the elastic rubbed my heel red, so I covered it with moleskin. Good thing they're stunning! Sigh.

Check out the CL Survival Thread for input from the other ladies! They're very creative!

Would you be willing to remove the strings at the heels and put heel inserts in their place? I think one of the ladies on here remove the strings on her Madame Claude and they ended up fitting her feet so much better. I believe she even has thread about it if you do a little search.

Kiwi makes a very thin anti-slip gel pad that might work. I use it in my VPs and HPs because they are too tight with a regular ball of foot pad. They're called Kiwi Smiling Feet Anti-Slip Pad and are available at most grocery and drug stores, at least here in the States. They don't add any bulk at all but add enough resistance to keep your foot from sliding forward.