Madam Secretary

Jan 4, 2009
Premieres tonight at 8:30 EST on CBS. I really like political shows so I'm looking forward to this one.

MADAM SECRETARY stars Tèa Leoni as Elizabeth McCord, the shrewd, determined, newly appointed Secretary of State who drives international diplomacy, battles office politics and circumvents protocol as she negotiates global and domestic issues, both at the White House and at home. A college professor and a brilliant former CIA analyst who left for ethical reasons, Elizabeth returns to public life at the request of the President following the suspicious death of her predecessor. The President values her apolitical leanings, her deep knowledge of the Middle East, her flair for languages and her ability to not just think outside the box, but to not even acknowledge there is a box. McCord's team includes her Chief of Staff Nadine Tolliver, speechwriter Matt Mahoney, press coordinator Daisy Grant and her charming assistant Blake Moran. When McCord debates third world problems, finesses foreign dignitaries at work and does battle with the President's combative Chief of Staff Russell Jackson, it's just a warm-up for when she goes home to her supportive husband, Henry, and their two bright children, where "politics" and "compromise" take on new meaning.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/madam-secretary/about/

I gave it a pass. I thought her character was unbearably annoying in the 30-second promo commercial they've been running all summer. I took that as a sign that the show wasn't for me.

Just watched it, I'm skeptical. Looks like a poor uncomplicated version of HoC, Secretary of State is aged with less hair Doug Stamper reincarnated, a grotesque and creepy character, but I was glad to see Lucas Goodwin doing well lol there are no major a-listers playing in MS, which speaks for itself.

Anyone have any idea what kind of purse she was toting in the show? Reminds me of a YSL Downtown but not sure?

Attachments

• 20140923_182758-1-1.jpg
    20140923_182758-1-1.jpg
    813.1 KB · Views: 1,451
Last edited:
I meant to dvr it but forgot. I like Tea Leoni and I love political dramas, so I figure this is a natural fit for me. In fact, I'm talking dh into subscribing to Netflix so we can get House of Cards (I love Kevin Spacey, too).

Really loving the show. Tea is the quintessential actress if youre casting for smart, cool blond who is believable as secretary of state, tho no one's that attractive in politics.

I caught up on the first 3 episodes and am sad to say, disappointed. I like the premise and I like Tea Leoni, but sometimes the acting seems off. I will say Tim Daly has aged well or has good docs. Loved him on Wings years ago.