Mad Men - Season 6

IIRC, the teacher Don had an affair with lived close to his home.

I forgot about her! Not as close as a neighbour who is living in the same building, but that's a fair point. I just googled her and she was the one who was around about the same time when Don Draper came clean to Betty about his true identity.

Maybe it had to do with the look of her (plus she was in only one scene) but when I saw Don in bed with the neighbor I didn't immediately recognize her. Someone else here on TPF said the same thing.

Point taken. The editing was a little weird in this, like how I didn't immediately recognise the different outfits in the beginning with the doorman:
- They came back from Hawaii
- Immediate (and not obvious) flashback to an earlier time before Hawaii trip when he had a heart attack
- Back to reality, thus the question of why he was on his feet so quickly.

That sequence was too jarring and other than Don Draper being less tan, not very obvious to the casual viewer.

Maybe it had to do with the look of her (plus she was in only one scene) but when I saw Don in bed with the neighbor I didn't immediately recognize her. Someone else here on TPF said the same thing.

As they panned towards the bed, there was an anatomical heart on the bedside dresser. As soon as I saw that, I knew where he was and who he was with.

Hmmm, well, I liked the episode. I don't need in your face drama to keep me interested in a show. I often enjoy the nuance and character development and this was definitely exploring a few of the psyches in the show.

The doorman, I don't think that happened. Seemed like when Don was asking him about it, he was making something up to satisfy Don and not upset him more. I dunno.

Betty..hmm..her going to the hippie house (crack house?? ha!) is totally what I expected. She needed to be that girl's savior (in Betty's head, that is). Lead her where Betty never went. And ya know, I almost think she enjoyed the squalor. Betty likes to be reminded that she's privileged by having her nose rubbed in dirt. I'm betting she would have enjoyed it if that alpha hippie had his way with her. She's so morbid...as evident by the rape comment about the young girl she was there to save.

Don...oh Don. For someone so manly, you sure are a whiny b1tch. Geez. We get it. You're upset with your life. You're the man in the Sheraton ad. You're the one looking to shed your skin and jump off (side note, there's been many references to jumping/falling throughout this show...makes me think we'll eventually see Don come to an end via a vertical fashion). You want to stop cheating...blah blah blah. Now do something about it. You're starting to remind me of a character from Girls. :smile:

Roger....is awesome. Keep up the good work

Don Jr...er, I mean Peggy. All you need to do is sleep with your secretary and the transformation will be complete! Seriously though, I like seeing her succeed. Her bf has an obvious expiration date. "keep listening to your music, kid". Might as well add "Grown ups are working".

Seemed like there were a few flashbacks or timeline questions. Made me think that lots of the scenes were only going on in Don's head.

Last edited:
Hahaha, I saw that fake Facebook feed and started laughing. Betty is fat Liz Taylor for sure.

Still want to see next week's episode. Hopefully it focuses more on SCDP and appeals to us fans who were disappointed with the season opener. While we love Don's personal life, my friends and I personally love Don/his crew's ideas and office banter. I want more of Joan and Harry next episode, IMO they are the most dedicated employees of that firm and always give 100%.

Matt's interview after the show indicated that this season is all about Don's inner struggle with who he is. That has the potential to be really, really good but I won't be surprised if this is quite a lack lustre season.

Matt's interview after the show indicated that this season is all about Don's inner struggle with who he is. That has the potential to be really, really good but I won't be surprised if this is quite a lack lustre season.

The potential is there for sure but judging by the season opener I'm not to amused. I'll watch it, but this is the second to last season and the only show that ended on a high note was Frasier. Hopefully I'm wrong but this first episode was not amusing at all.

It seems like the changing culture isn't going so well for Don and Roger. But this show hasn't won all the awards and the cult following by not being entertaining so I'm not giving up hope that the coming episodes will be more interesting.
I'd love to start by Don divorcing Meagan.

It seems like the changing culture isn't going so well for Don and Roger. But this show hasn't won all the awards and the cult following by not being entertaining so I'm not giving up hope that the coming episodes will be more interesting.
I'd love to start by Don divorcing Meagan.

Sterling especially, from season one with his quip about not hiring Jewish people to recently not working with Honda. His stubbornness as well as aging will be a major factor this season, seeing the psychiatrist shows you he isn't satisfied, and as the times change, more so.

Im so OVER Megan its not even funny...and Id love for her to catch Don in the act somehow. As for Betty...I want so bad to see her get it together. This season has potential...but we can only do the same ol song n dance for so long