Mad about big H bags!

WKN

Jan 23, 2019
The vintage K that I had purchased about ten days ago arrived this afternoon. I am extremely excited to welcome this new addition to my collection. I now have the B/K/C trifecta in the larger size - a B35, a K35, and a Constance Cartable (C29). I know that the current trend is to go mini or even micro, but I veer towards the larger sized-bags. I already have a C24 and C23 and I plan to add a B30 and K28 to my H collection - these are about as small as I can go in terms of bag size! The K35 is not as "yuge" as I thought it would be, which is a lovely surprise. Since it's in boxcalf, it is quite light, which is a big plus! I also love external pockets - perhaps a KL35 would be another great addition. The other 'big' H bags that I have are my Carabas 35 and Lindy 30 - would love to see a Lindy 34. I'm sure there are many out there who share my passion for big bags - would love to see your collection! (p/s moderators: this is my first attempt at creating a new thread, if not appropriate, my apologies and please remove!)BIGBAGS-WKN.jpg

The vintage K that I had purchased about ten days ago arrived this afternoon. I am extremely excited to welcome this new addition to my collection. I now have the B/K/C trifecta in the larger size - a B35, a K35, and a Constance Cartable (C29). I know that the current trend is to go mini or even micro, but I veer towards the larger sized-bags. I already have a C24 and C23 and I plan to add a B30 and K28 to my H collection - these are about as small as I can go in terms of bag size! The K35 is not as "yuge" as I thought it would be, which is a lovely surprise. Since it's in boxcalf, it is quite light, which is a big plus! I also love external pockets - perhaps a KL35 would be another great addition. The other 'big' H bags that I have are my Carabas 35 and Lindy 30 - would love to see a Lindy 34. I'm sure there are many out there who share my passion for big bags - would love to see your collection! (p/s moderators: this is my first attempt at creating a new thread, if not appropriate, my apologies and please remove!)View attachment 4679551

I love this ! I am a huge fan of Kelly 35 sellier myself, I love using it, feeling it: I always thought the larger the bag the more Hermes you get from it, if that makes any sense .-)

Wow, I didn’t realize a vintage K could take ten years to get?

You must be ecstatic :yahoo: that she is yours today!

Congratulations to your beautiful bag :hugs:

Reactions: WKN
I’m a fan of bigger bags, for today’s standard. B35 and K32 are perfect sizes for me.
For smaller bags that I use for traveling or walks, I can go with Chanel minis, which are well priced, cross body and comfortable.

Reactions: WKN
Fantastic! I love my big bags, more so as they give an even larger expanse of leather to appreciate and ogle over! I love my Togo B40 dearly and for all the talk of weight, the bag itself really isn't that heavy. Sure, you can load her up, but that's true about just about any bag!

I love this ! I am a huge fan of Kelly 35 sellier myself, I love using it, feeling it: I always thought the larger the bag the more Hermes you get from it, if that makes any sense .-)
I know what you mean! When I look at her, I thought, she's not THAT big! Aha! You have invented another metric - instead of cost per wear, we now also have Hermes per wear! How clever.

Wow, I didn’t realize a vintage K could take ten years to get?

You must be ecstatic :yahoo: that she is yours today!

Congratulations to your beautiful bag :hugs:
Just ten days, but even then, it felt like ten years to me. That did not include the time I spent looking out for it as I was keen on a specific year, which adds to the complexity and research time. I am indeed ecstatic and both my DH and my son agree that she is a beauty. Say hi to your Miss Bo and Miss Evie for me, please!

I can’t lie, I love bigger bags too, always have. I must admit that I fell victims of smaller bags trend, but to me functional bags are forever. :yes:
I know what you mean. As for me, whenever I see a mini K or a C18, I would think, how cute and precious but can one fit a water bottle, albeit a small one, in it? I am not a socialite and I don't have a minder/assistant to help me carry everything else while I just do smaller bags - plus, I travel a lot and so bags have to be functional for me!

Reactions: xiaoxiao
I’m a fan of bigger bags, for today’s standard. B35 and K32 are perfect sizes for me.
For smaller bags that I use for traveling or walks, I can go with Chanel minis, which are well priced, cross body and comfortable.
I was actually looking for a 1999 K32 but could only find a 1999 K35 after a long arduous search. Was very nervous about the size at first but was very happy when I first set my eyes on her. She's a beauty.

Lover of big bags here! :wave:
I have three B35s (malachite, etain, and Barenia Foubourg). I had added smaller bags into my collection also, but the B35s are my workhorses!
Your B35s sound gorgeous - neutral and classy! Truth be told, I started my H collection with non-B/K/C bags and my B35 is my first Birkin. I now look forward to adding a B30 (and that SO K28, whenever she shows up) to my collection. Then, I would be done (yeah, right)! I am starting to be more adventurous with colours, slowly moving away from my standard black - looking forward to doing so with the smaller bags.

Reactions: perlerare