Macys credit card $$$ Coupon

uafly1

Nov 30, 2005
I just got a coupon yesterday in the mail that can be used on anything....
I could not find any exclusions. It's says if it's $10, 20 or even $500 off your purchase. You just scan the coupon at one those price checker things and it will tell you how much it's worth.

Then with every $100 you spend, you get a $20 voucher. Only one $20 voucher can be used with purchase over $50.

I wanted to buy a Coach purse. I have $200 in gift certificates.
Purse is $428.
Minus $200 GC
Minus $10 off ( worse case)
Total $ 218,
Plus extra $ 80 in coupons for every $100 spent.

Sounds too good to be true, but I could not find any loop holes.

Did anyone else get this coupon?

Sep 23, 2006
wow! That sounds like a great deal. Now, do you have to use your macy's card to get the money off? I hope I get one in the mail too!

Oct 23, 2006
most of the time the main catch with those cards is that you have to use your macy's cards...so if u use the giftcard you can't use the coupon. make sure to check...those cards are the best coupons cause you can use it on pretty much everything..i used last years on makeup.

uafly1

Nov 30, 2005
I checked the fine print on the card again, it did not say anything about paying with your macys card. It also did not list any exclusions on the actual card. It did say something about the cashier using it like EGC.
But the other coupons had exclusions.

babymelsmom

Shopping Mad
Mar 7, 2007
I checked the fine print on the card again, it did not say anything about paying with your macys card. It also did not list any exclusions on the actual card. It did say something about the cashier using it like EGC.
But the other coupons had exclusions.
I'm so excited because most of the time those coupons have so many exclusions that they're not worth it and I end up tossing them.

berta

mom2 12paws
O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
So. Florida
OMG! Was it that big plastic envelope thing? I was tossing any non-essential mail and stuff away (this was the last garbage pickup before Ike was to hit) and I remember thinking, Macy's sends so much junk mail, and out it went with the garbage.

I never opened it. Dang that Ike!

Pooh Pooh on me :cry:

Odette

<3 life
O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
www.twitter.com
The coupon you speak of has to be used with a Macy's card for the remaining balance - whatever it may be based on the amount on your particular coupon. It doesn't state anything about not being able to use a gift card for a portion of the remaining balance.

Miyoshi637

Mar 27, 2006
Bay Area
I got mine! Only black card and platinum card holders get em though. My mom always gets excited when I get coupons though, I have no clue why.

popita

Jul 19, 2008
Here's a pic of the coupon my mom received last week (she's a gold cardholder).

Does that show up? I hosted it on tinypic

Ours is just a flyer saying that we have to bring in our receipts from 9/10-9/14 to the cs desk and they will give us a $20 certificate for qualifying purchases (each pre-tax $100 made using our Macy's credit card). This offer excludes purchases made in furniture, mattresses, rugs, gift cards, furs, wine, Stride Rite, bridal, maternity, wigs, Ticketmaster, J&R Express, services, prior purchases, payments to your Macy's account, fees, phone orders or macys.com & macysweddingchannel.com.

After we get our $20 cert, there are a whole slew of restrictions. In bold it says "Only 1 [$20] certificate may be used per purchase of $50 or more." These seem no better than the coupons we get each month for $10 off $30 or $15 off $45 (same brand restrictions - cosmetics, fragrances, dooney, coach, bcbg, lv, lacoste..etc).

My mom's coupon does not say that it can be scanned for a surprise $10-$500 off like OP's. I wonder if this has all to do with the level of credit card you hold like the poster above mentioned. We shop in the Chicagoland area if that matters...