Macy's 50% off

Does this sale start the same day through out the US? According to the website... we don't get the sale in NY until this weekend (16-18) If the Luna is $70, how much is a bella? (I was trying to phase myself out of the current or past prints, but this makes it really hard.)

Can I ask a dumb question about Hawaii? I always hear about people wanting to go there but not much about how it is to live there. How is it living down there? Is everything very relaxed and do people have a lot of time for different hobbies and activities? I'm asking because during our national karate tournaments...Quite a few Hawaiian members dominate and Hawaii is one of the largest groups there, and I wonder if they're able to train differently due to their lifestyle. In NY, everything/everyone seem to be always on the run- at least that's how it is for me. (there's less than 30 of us NYers down there..)
I'm just jealous....... Beautiful weather, and talent.
(Posting this here because of Maya's post about 4 Hawaiian girls in the forum crazy about tokidoki.)

Compared to Cali/Vegas (we go annually), it is very relaxed over here. I think the only late night life we have in Oahu is located at Waikiki or movie theaters. Regarding down time, that's tough. A lot of people work long hours or two jobs because it gets expensive here.

My kids are in Jujitsu Kenpo and Taekwondo so they are busy every afternoon Monday thru Friday plus Saturday for another hour and a half in the morning. The only off is Sunday and Tuesday and yet they spend Tuesday in basketball for an hour. So it is a bit hectic and it's all about scheduling. I ask them all the time if they want to keep going and they say they do so dh makes the effort to take them. We either eat dinner before or after practice depending on when practice ends. By the time they get home they sometimes only have about an hour or two to relax before bedtime. If they didn't enjoy it or grades start to slip, we'd have them stop. The agreement dh and I made was that they will go only if they want to and their grades stay up.

Compared to Cali/Vegas (we go annually), it is very relaxed over here. I think the only late night life we have in Oahu is located at Waikiki or movie theaters. Regarding down time, that's tough. A lot of people work long hours or two jobs because it gets expensive here.

My kids are in Jujitsu Kenpo and Taekwondo so they are busy every afternoon Monday thru Friday plus Saturday for another hour and a half in the morning. The only off is Sunday and Tuesday and yet they spend Tuesday in basketball for an hour. So it is a bit hectic and it's all about scheduling. I ask them all the time if they want to keep going and they say they do so dh makes the effort to take them. We either eat dinner before or after practice depending on when practice ends. By the time they get home they sometimes only have about an hour or two to relax before bedtime. If they didn't enjoy it or grades start to slip, we'd have them stop. The agreement dh and I made was that they will go only if they want to and their grades stay up.

Wow... this actually sounds like the lifestyles of many people I know on Long Island(NY) - So busy... the kids are put into a bunch extracurricular activities. I kind of wish my parents did the same, instead of giving me to a line of babysitters/nannies. I had to ask for classes.

Thanks for the info. I've seen pictures of the hawaiians training and it seems they are able to take advantage of the weather (a bit jealous) and environment to do different types of things like training on the beach or doing forms outdoors on the grass or ground barefoot. It seems really cool:yes:. It's interest though.. your choice of a Korean and Okinawan MA.

Can I ask a dumb question about Hawaii? I always hear about people wanting to go there but not much about how it is to live there. How is it living down there? Is everything very relaxed and do people have a lot of time for different hobbies and activities? I'm asking because during our national karate tournaments...Quite a few Hawaiian members dominate and Hawaii is one of the largest groups there, and I wonder if they're able to train differently due to their lifestyle. In NY, everything/everyone seem to be always on the run- at least that's how it is for me. (there's less than 30 of us NYers down there..)
I'm just jealous....... Beautiful weather, and talent.
(Posting this here because of Maya's post about 4 Hawaiian girls in the forum crazy about tokidoki.)

It is pretty lax over here, but there are alot of people that do work two jobs to keep up with the market over here. and it isnt uncommon to work 8-10 hour shifts in one day. But once the weekend comes, everyone is very relaxed. Over in Wakiki and honolulu is a diff story though, thats where all the hustle and bustle is. but over here (I am on the leeward side, west of Waikiki) It is pretty calm and relaxing. I like it :heart:

It is pretty lax over here, but there are alot of people that do work two jobs to keep up with the market over here. and it isnt uncommon to work 8-10 hour shifts in one day. But once the weekend comes, everyone is very relaxed. Over in Wakiki and honolulu is a diff story though, thats where all the hustle and bustle is. but over here (I am on the leeward side, west of Waikiki) It is pretty calm and relaxing. I like it :heart:

i agree about the calm & relaxing bit. most of the tourism stuff happens on that end of the island, so we're pretty safe from extreme hustle & bustle, IMO. i love living on this side of the island. even tho it's far away from everything Tokidoki that we know...(besides the outlet).

I knowwwww! We are on literally the other side of the island of all of the tokidoki!! How sad is that!!

I feel so sorry for you guys! :lol: You at least have beautiful weather, scenery AND if you drive to the other side of your island you have tokidoki!!! Geez! I live in the heartland with no toki that I can uncover within 250 miles! No ocean, no plumeria trees or birds of paradise!

All you guys are so Funny! I guess in tokidoki terms I'm more lucky b/c I can get to the full priced items relatively easy and not pay shipping but it's still snowing over here- isn't that sad.. I can't drive anywhere far because of this. Does anyone know if the tanger's outlet has tokidoki?

I feel so sorry for you guys! :lol: You at least have beautiful weather, scenery AND if you drive to the other side of your island you have tokidoki!!! Geez! I live in the heartland with no toki that I can uncover within 250 miles! No ocean, no plumeria trees or birds of paradise!