mackage website currency conversion

Oct 9, 2008
Has anyone noticed that on the mackage website, prices are MORE in US dollars than Canadian...but it should be a lot less because currently:
1.00 CAD

=

0.813040 USD

I wonder if there is anyway to order in canadian dollars and have my cc do the conversion to save me some bucks.

Yeah, but when I type in my billing address. it switches the price back up to US! ugh. seriously if i could buy it in cdn dollars i would save $100bucks. I REALLY need to find a friend in canada!

I think the reason is because it's a Canadian company and it costs more to import it into the US than it does if it was an American company (the Mackage site lists things for the same price they are available in store-and I'm sure their jackets cost more in US stores because of the import taxes). I know Canadians often pay a lot more for US brands than they sell for in the states.

Yeah, it's not a conversion, it's a different (higher) price to send to the US. I noticed the ssense.com site also automatically charges the US price and not a Canadian $ conversion.