Mackage Sizing

Chanel 0407

Aug 16, 2008
Milwaukee & Baltimore
Does anyone own any coats or Jackets from Mackage? How is the sizing? I usually take a small but wondering if I need to size up. Also, how is the quality and do you recommend this brand?

fattypie11

Apr 15, 2009
omg i love mackage. i know its pricey but its so worth it. the quality is very good, you get what you pay for! the sizing, i find tends to run big, im a size 0, and i fit into an xxs perfectly in leather. what kind of coat were you thinking about getting?

ivy1026

O.G.
Feb 18, 2008
Toronto
Their coats are very fitted and they have details. You might need to go one size up depending on the style. You will get lots of compliments!

arireyes

Apr 8, 2006
IL
I have 2 of them, both wool. The first one I got was an XS and fit perfect, the one I bought this year was a S and fits the same as the XS. Id call and ask

Pigeu

boo!
O.G.
Jan 29, 2009
ON - Canada
Their leather jackets run big.. I'm usually an S but fit into an XS. Also, if you're planning on getting a leather jacket and you're not very tall, you might not want to risk sizing up since the sleeve lengthens with size. GL

d-girl1011

super stylin' nerd
Mar 2, 2009
Great White North
i had been agonizing since last October about Mackage sizing. I find that they fit on the small side. I actually ended up not buying a winter coat from Mackage this year because their sizing was getting my underpants in a twist - The arms were cut way too tight! I went with a wool coat from their sister company Soia Kyo (which is a lot more consistent size wise IMHO). This spring though, I bought the leather Kenya Jacket from Mackage and couldn't decide between a small and a an XS. Finally decided on the S because the XS was just too tight, even thought it fit, it wasn't as comfortable as a $600 jacket should be. The sleeves on the leather jackets fit way more proportionately than the wool coats! I recommend that you DO NOT blindly order a Mackage jacket online. Try one on first!

Last edited:

snowwhite

Jan 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada
I haven't experienced any sizing inconsistencies. I wear a size 2, and my Mackage coats and my jacket are XS. I have found the quality to be very good.

halohalo

Nov 27, 2008
I think it runs TTS if you will wear layers underneath, and I would buy 1 size smaller if I only wear a dress or tank underneath

Chanel 0407

Aug 16, 2008
Milwaukee & Baltimore
I was going to go wit ha wool pea coat and its called Raffy which is a style from fall 09. I am about 5.6" and 36-27-35 are my measurements. I can't really find the style I need on small but they have XS and medium. I'm leaning towards the medium. I've never tried Mackage on so this will be my 1st time and unfortunately I will have to order online so I can't try before buying. I appreciate everyone's input.

missyb

O.G.
May 29, 2007
EAST COAST
On their wool coats I have gone from a small to medium bc they are fitted and sometimes get to bulky. I have a puffer and fur collar coat and that is tts I got it in a small and it fits perfectly.

snowbrdgrl

O.G.
Oct 3, 2007
I have 2 Mackage leather coats, one wool, and one nylon coat. I wear size Small in all of them. IMO they do run true to size, they are cut on the slimmer size around the waist area, so if you are curvier/bustier I would size up one (I'm short and not curvy!).

Jul 14, 2008
true to size in my opinion, but small compared to brands like club monaco/jcrew/banana/etc. i wear an xxs in most of them and i wear a size 00/0 on top (bottom is a diff story... lol).

Deathly Sweet

Jan 4, 2009
For their leather jackets I had to size up, since my bust was larger than the measurements listed for my size. I normally wear 00/XXS-0/XS in most brands but I couldn't breathe when I tried XXS.

Although I've never tried their wool coats, I've seen them and the quality looks just as great as their leather jackets. I think sizing up would be a good idea if you plan on layering though.