Machimpyo Dr Seo Review

miracle01

Jul 21, 2020
Hi all, :smile:

This is a review of Machimpyo. It is the new clinic owned by Dr Seo (formerly at MVP and mentioned on tpf multiple times).

I didn’t receive a discount for this review. I just thought I’d write it anyway to help you guys and to help Dr Seo gain more exposure, as a way to express my gratitude.

Procedures: Rhinoplasty, Botox, Fat Dissolving injection, Ultherapy.

Online consult

• I think I was on a stalk on the purseforum website, and saw that Dr Seo had his own new clinic, so reached out to him on kakaotalk. We talked in Korean at the start, and he answered all my questions regarding desired results, frequency of treatments etc. What I liked was his integrity. I asked him to see photos of his past patients, and he said he can not show any at the moment, but he is in the process of getting models. I then asked him if he could show me his previous patients via MVP’s website, and he said he cannot. Despite potentially losing me as a client in times when he is trying to get new clients for his new clinic, he chose to do the right thing, which was to not expose his clients from a previous workplace.
First consult.

• I arrived after their closing hours, after 7pm. I spent an hour in consultation, and another 30 minutes with more follow-up questions with my interpreter/consultant. By far the most satisfactory consultation I have had. Dr Seo had initially said that one of his staff could speak English well, but I later learned that he has specifically contracted an external interpreter for me. I liked how he did not glorify what he did for my sake, and humbly played it down.
  • We spoke about FC, nose, eyes. As most clinics I consulted would know, I focused a lot on the nose I did NOT want (grey shadows, ‘m’ shape nostrils, pinched nostrils, fake cylinder implants), and both Dr Seo and my interpreter took this in stride. I felt like their responses about the ‘avoid’ list were in line with mine (ex. ‘yeah.. the implant is too much’ … ‘they made is too pinched’..) and this made me feel like they understood my worries.
  • They said I did not need bone surgery, and that I could achieve my desired face shape with lifting/lipo/injections… and then I got scared about the invasive procedures, and asked if I could skip the lifting and lipo, and just focus on the laser + injections? They said yes. I like how they did not immediately object and start saying ‘oh, but without lifting/lipo, you won’t be able to achieve the result you want…’. So I am thankful they did not push lots of procedures onto me.

Second consult.

• By this time, I already knew I was going to go with Machimpyo for nose and making my face smaller with non-surgical methods, price was a lot cheaper than the rest, and the consults were a lot more satisfactory. Mainly just wanted to know if Dr Seo understood what it was that I was looking for. He would increase my tip, but I stressed again that the angle of my nose needed to be lowered. They said my nose isn’t short.
  • We agreed on eyes and nose and making face smaller through non-invasive procedures. We also agreed on modelling discounts.

Change of thoughts:

• A day later, I was having second thoughts about my eyes, and also about modelling. In the end, I told my interpreter that I wanted to cancel the eyes, cancel the modelling, and reschedule the rest of the procedures two days later. The next morning, they confirmed I could reschedule and I went over to pay my deposit.
  • I bumped into Dr Seo near the elevator and was anxious to see his reaction because I was meant to have surgery with him on that day but I rescheduled and cancelled some of the agreed parts. But he greeted me warmly and did not seem to mind at all that I backed out of the contract (sorry, Dr Seo). I really liked that he didn’t take my change of mind as a personal offense and I was very grateful for that.

Surgery

• I came early, we did ultherapy, then I went into the op room for nose and the other injections. Dr Seo specifically asked for my powerpoint of my ideal nose to be put on screen in the op room. After that, I went to sleep and woke up post-op. I remember my interpreter was being with me in the recovery room and I was answering in Korean even though she kept on using English. They helped buy me porridge, pumpkin juice, and all the necessary medicines. And then I was home!

For the after care, I had deswelling laser plus IV drip, and cleansing of the ears and nose. Below are some thoughts…

After-care day 1

• I was really tired for some reason, and I came earlier than my allotted time because I was scared of my bleeding nose. Dr Seo assured me I had no infections or any other problems, and everything was fine. Because 24 hours hadn’t actually passed yet (I arrived a few hours too early), they let me stay for a few hours in one of the clinic rooms. I fell asleep and after a few hours, I could sense Dr Seo come into the room gently saying ‘you look so tired’…

After-care day 3

• I came to the clinic again and at one point, Dr Seo was cleansing my ear. I don’t want to be a nuisance so I normally clench my hands into a fist or grab my clothes to fight back shouting in pain, and the chief of staff kept on holding my hand every single time I did so….
  • They also gave me antibiotic ointment for free when they noticed me looking at the ointment and trying to remember the name to tell the pharmacist.

Some reflections…

I have been thinking, it has been nearly a month since I’ve been to Korea, and most of the time, I was in quarantine. I’m starting to get emotional and homesick. I am so thankful that I chose Machimpyo, looking back. Because it is a new clinic, it may not be as busy as other places (amplified even more by covid-19), but that meant they have more time dedicated to me.

I’m not very good with writing nice flowery words, but I would say, Dr Seo is very kind and has good bedside manners. If you look at his previous reviews, you can see that even if other previous clients were not happy with the final result of his surgery, they never attack Dr Seo in their feedback (unlike some other negative reviews of other hospitals/clinics/doctors). I think this is largely due to Dr Seo’s kind personality. I’m not saying being kind automatically waives off a bad result, but plastic surgery is a service, and with this, comes good client relationship management.

Some of the points I have written in this review is to give you all an outline of my overall experience with Machimpyo. And some of the points I have written down are all the little things I have noticed along the way that made me even more grateful and glad I went with Machimpyo.

Thank you all. I hope this review helps. Maybe I will write some more as I still have to get my stitching off. Best of luck!

homepage - www.dotps.co.kr
instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dot_plasticsurgery/
facebook - https://www.facebook.com/machimpyo.plastic.surgery

*below is a photo of their ultherapy; apparently there are fake ultherapy machines and real ultherapy machines in korea… Machimpyo has a certificate to show that it is a real ultherapy machine!

Last edited:
Did Dr. Seo personally do your nose surgery? On his website it only lists him as the doctor there but does he have other interns who do the surgeries for him? I'm scared of shadow doctors :sad:

Hi there! I'm new to the forum and just starting my research regarding rhino and possibly chin/jaw procedures. My kakao id is matchaocha. I'd love to know more please! Thank you so much

This is a review of Machimpyo. It is the new clinic owned by Dr Seo (formerly at MVP and mentioned on tpf multiple times).

I didn’t receive a discount for this review. I just thought I’d write it anyway to help you guys and to help Dr Seo gain more exposure, as a way to express my gratitude.

Online consult

• I think I was on a stalk on the purseforum website, and saw that Dr Seo had his own new clinic, so reached out to him on kakaotalk. We talked in Korean at the start, and he answered all my questions regarding desired results, frequency of treatments etc. What I liked was his integrity. I asked him to see photos of his past patients, and he said he can not show any at the moment, but he is in the process of getting models. I then asked him if he could show me his previous patients via MVP’s website, and he said he cannot. Despite potentially losing me as a client in times when he is trying to get new clients for his new clinic, he chose to do the right thing, which was to not expose his clients from a previous workplace.
First consult.

• I arrived after their closing hours, after 7pm. I spent an hour in consultation, and another 30 minutes with more follow-up questions with my interpreter/consultant. By far the most satisfactory consultation I have had. Dr Seo had initially said that one of his staff could speak English well, but I later learned that he has specifically contracted an external interpreter for me. I liked how he did not glorify what he did for my sake, and humbly played it down.
  • We spoke about FC, nose, eyes. As most clinics I consulted would know, I focused a lot on the nose I did NOT want (grey shadows, ‘m’ shape nostrils, pinched nostrils, fake cylinder implants), and both Dr Seo and my interpreter took this in stride. I felt like their responses about the ‘avoid’ list were in line with mine (ex. ‘yeah.. the implant is too much’ … ‘they made is too pinched’..) and this made me feel like they understood my worries.
  • They said I did not need bone surgery, and that I could achieve my desired face shape with lifting/lipo/injections… and then I got scared about the invasive procedures, and asked if I could skip the lifting and lipo, and just focus on the laser + injections? They said yes. I like how they did not immediately object and start saying ‘oh, but without lifting/lipo, you won’t be able to achieve the result you want…’. So I am thankful they did not push lots of procedures onto me.

Second consult.

• By this time, I already knew I was going to go with Machimpyo for nose and making my face smaller with non-surgical methods, price was a lot cheaper than the rest, and the consults were a lot more satisfactory. Mainly just wanted to know if Dr Seo understood what it was that I was looking for. He would increase my tip, but I stressed again that the angle of my nose needed to be lowered. They said my nose isn’t short.
  • We agreed on eyes and nose and making face smaller through non-invasive procedures. We also agreed on modelling discounts.

Change of thoughts:

• A day later, I was having second thoughts about my eyes, and also about modelling. In the end, I told my interpreter that I wanted to cancel the eyes, cancel the modelling, and reschedule the rest of the procedures two days later. The next morning, they confirmed I could reschedule and I went over to pay my deposit.
  • I bumped into Dr Seo near the elevator and was anxious to see his reaction because I was meant to have surgery with him on that day but I rescheduled and cancelled some of the agreed parts. But he greeted me warmly and did not seem to mind at all that I backed out of the contract (sorry, Dr Seo). I really liked that he didn’t take my change of mind as a personal offense and I was very grateful for that.

Surgery

• I came early, we did ultherapy, then I went into the op room for nose and the other injections. Dr Seo specifically asked for my powerpoint of my ideal nose to be put on screen in the op room. After that, I went to sleep and woke up post-op. I remember my interpreter was being with me in the recovery room and I was answering in Korean even though she kept on using English. They helped buy me porridge, pumpkin juice, and all the necessary medicines. And then I was home!

For the after care, I had deswelling laser plus IV drip, and cleansing of the ears and nose. Below are some thoughts…

After-care day 1

• I was really tired for some reason, and I came earlier than my allotted time because I was scared of my bleeding nose. Dr Seo assured me I had no infections or any other problems, and everything was fine. Because 24 hours hadn’t actually passed yet (I arrived a few hours too early), they let me stay for a few hours in one of the clinic rooms. I fell asleep and after a few hours, I could sense Dr Seo come into the room gently saying ‘you look so tired’…

After-care day 3

• I came to the clinic again and at one point, Dr Seo was cleansing my ear. I don’t want to be a nuisance so I normally clench my hands into a fist or grab my clothes to fight back shouting in pain, and the chief of staff kept on holding my hand every single time I did so….
  • They also gave me antibiotic ointment for free when they noticed me looking at the ointment and trying to remember the name to tell the pharmacist.

Some reflections…

I have been thinking, it has been nearly a month since I’ve been to Korea, and most of the time, I was in quarantine. I’m starting to get emotional and homesick. I am so thankful that I chose Machimpyo, looking back. Because it is a new clinic, it may not be as busy as other places (amplified even more by covid-19), but that meant they have more time dedicated to me.

I’m not very good with writing nice flowery words, but I would say, Dr Seo is very kind and has good bedside manners. If you look at his previous reviews, you can see that even if other previous clients were not happy with the final result of his surgery, they never attack Dr Seo in their feedback (unlike some other negative reviews of other hospitals/clinics/doctors). I think this is largely due to Dr Seo’s kind personality. I’m not saying being kind automatically waives off a bad result, but plastic surgery is a service, and with this, comes good client relationship management.

Some of the points I have written in this review is to give you all an outline of my overall experience with Machimpyo. And some of the points I have written down are all the little things I have noticed along the way that made me even more grateful and glad I went with Machimpyo.

Thank you all. I hope this review helps. Maybe I will write some more as I still have to get my stitching off. Best of luck!

*below is a photo of their ultherapy; apparently there are fake ultherapy machines and real ultherapy machines in korea… Machimpyo has a certificate to show that it is a real ultherapy machine!

Korea doesn’t have authentic ultherapy machine, you check ultherpay.com and see there is non of them in Asia.

Online consult

First consult.

Second consult.

Change of thoughts:

Surgery

After-care day 1

After-care day 3

Some reflections…

Can you please let me know if Dr Seo is by still work at Dot plastic surgery?
thanks

Hello,

I am a researcher working on Korean cosmetic surgery, and stories of beauty. I was wondering if you would be interesting in sharing your experiences with me in an oral history interview.

If so, I can send you more information on a private message.

Thanks,
Christin