Tech Macbook won't connect to internet via Airport?!

amymarie

Oct 6, 2008
My macbook won't connect to the internet wirelessly all of the sudden. I tried it at my home and at other places like school, but it won't work. It only works thru an ethernet... does anyone know what is wrong or how I can fix this? Thanks!

have you checked your network settings and made sure your bluetooth is on? There's a little box on the bottom that says: assist me - maybe that can help.

I have a brand new MacBook pro - airport drops me constantly but only for a minute or 2 - I'm going to the Genius bar tomorrow - very annoying.

will it not connect to the network or will it not connect to the internet? if it connects to the network but not the internet but you can still connect straight from the modem then it's probably an issue with the settings in your router.

I don't know but when I start up the internet, it says can't find the page. It happens when I am at home and school also...so two different locations.

I tried to call apple but they told me to call Linksys...

does it also say you're not connected to the internet? does it try to find the page for a long time or does it give you that message straight away? you can tell if you're connected to a network from the stripy upside down triangle in the top right corner next to the volume, clock and charge icons, if any of the lines are black then you are connected to a network. if the triangle is solid white then airport is turned off and then you click on the icon to turn it on again but it doesn't sound like it's off, it sounds more like a configuration issue. easiest way to fix it is usually to turn everything off for about a minute and then back on again, works more often than you might think.

eta: bluetooth shouldn't make a difference in this case, it's really only used to connect to things like phones and other peripherals that use it (for example the apple wireless keyboards and mice), but for internet it's not really important. you might actually want to keep it switched off if you're working off the battery, it can be a bit of a drain.

So I guess when I went to apple, they did fix the network configs for me (which was the prob)... it didn't work wirelessly when I got home b/c I plugged the ethernet into the WRONG hole in the back of the router... I realized this after I spent 39.99 for tech support from linksys Lol

Thanks annanas