Tech Macbook Airport trouble again

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This happens to my macbook every so often and it's annoying! I know it's not my internet, router or anything because I can't get on at home or at school either. Usually it works fine but then all of the sudden, it messes up and I can only connect thru the ethernet.

I tried everything, it still says"airport doesn't have IP address and cant connect" but it has all the bars and everything. Anyone know what the issue is??

2. go to OPEN NETWORK PREFERENCES...click on assist me....see if u are connected properly

3. #3 Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    This particular thing has never happened to be, but something similar did and I think you need to renew your IP. I've done it before, but I can't remember exactly how I did it. I know it's Apple>System Preferences>Network...but I can't remember exactly what to do after that. It wasn't "assist me," there was something more specific, but it's escaping me at the moment :-/

Maybe click "assist me" from there and see what kind of steps it takes you through, whatever they are they should be things that will help you connect. I wish I could remember exactly what I did last time, but it's not coming back to me.

4. ^^ I tried both of those things, still doesnt work ;(

5. Call up your ISP and tell them that you're having a problem connecting to the internet. They'll probably walk you through the steps of renewing your IP, and I bet that will solve the problem. Even though it's not THEIR issue, specifically, their tech support people should still be able to help you because people call them all the time with issues that aren't necessarily related to a problem on their end. You're probably paying an arm and a leg for internet, you might as well have them try.

6. My 1 yr old macbook pro constantly drops the network and/or wireless connection - been through all the trouble shooting both with Apple and AT&T - still no solution - I am going nuts with this.