Mac

D & G rockstar said:
I used studio fix and applied w/ a brush...It was great! ... I used it for a long time until I met Bare Essentuals bare minerals.

I was told with a sponge for full coverage and with a brush for light coverage, i'm hoping for the best.

When I was using the Studio Fix I also applied with a brush...it goes on very nicely!! Plus..I just love using make-up brushes.

I hope you find all of the right products for you!! MAC is still my favorite make-up.

LauraLee said:
When I was using the Studio Fix I also applied with a brush...it goes on very nicely!! Plus..I just love using make-up brushes.

I hope you find all of the right products for you!! MAC is still my favorite make-up.

thank you.

Archipelago said:
I have oily acne prone skin and the StudioFix powder foundation worked terribly for me. It looked fine when I put it on but as soon as my skin got oily, the color changed. I also hated how it felt on my skin and it made me break out. I love MAC's blot powder though. It's very light and natural.

Hi there is was just reading what you wrote. And i just wanted to help you with m.a.c. I work for mac so maybe i can tell you what you can use for your oily skin. Ok go and buy a #187 brush,studio tech, and fix+. Spray the #187 brush with the fix+ and drip it in the studio tech. What it is going to do is buff it into your skin. Go in circle motion when putting it on. Then get a #150 brush and finish you face with the blot powder. You will love that trick. Everyone does. Your skin will look flawless. Trust me.

xgianna6921x said:
Hi there is was just reading what you wrote. And i just wanted to help you with m.a.c. I work for mac so maybe i can tell you what you can use for your oily skin. Ok go and buy a #187 brush,studio tech, and fix+. Spray the #187 brush with the fix+ and drip it in the studio tech. What it is going to do is buff it into your skin. Go in circle motion when putting it on. Then get a #150 brush and finish you face with the blot powder. You will love that trick. Everyone does. Your skin will look flawless. Trust me.

i agree, i use the blot powder afterwards and for touch ups during the day, really good applying it with a brush... i love it and never have to be afraid of "shiney face" again!

Pupsterpurse said:
It made me breakout(Studio Fix and the Select Liquid one with Spf in it). I'm ok with the Blot Powder, though. It never breaks me out and really stops the shine. Good stuff. :smile: Btw, I have oily acne prone skin.

Some MAC products make me break out, but the blot powder rocks! I have oily skin too, so it's a godsend.

I have combination skin, and I use the Studio Fix powder. What I do for summer: put on SUNSCREEN first on face and neck (I like Clinique City Block SPF 40--brand new for this year btw) let that sit for 5-10 minutes to let the sunscreen set, then use a fluffy brush to put the Studio Fix powder on. Top with a shimmery bronzer (MAC), then "set" with their Studio Fix spray. That's IT for the face! If you have blemishes like I do, I touch up with Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge. You can use a brush, but I use clean fingertips.

I think you could wear it alone. I wear it over concealer! Its SOO good. I use the loose powder and buff it into my skin. Im going to get the compressed powder as well as the loose is not easy to carry around and I can use it to touch up shiny skin during the day. I never get poder buildup!

michie- i like the blot powder for touch ups. i like having some powder-mixed-with-foundation on first (to hide imperfections of skin) then put the blot powder last, makes the powder stay on longer and stay non shiney. i keep the blot powder compact on me always and put away the powder-foundation, cuz it's just way too cakey. blot powder is very light, you can add on multiple times and you don't have to be afraid of getting the cakey look anymore! i use my mac blot powder with a retractable powder brush on the go!

I also used to use Studio Fix foundation. The color was good, and it also looked great on. But after using it for 2 years, my face became a horrible broken-out mess. I haven't used it for about 6 months now and my skin is finally almost cleared up from that disaster :sad: Hope that if you use Studio Fix, you don't have the same awful result!!

michie- i'm so sorry to hear you broke out :sad: was it from the studio fix? i never tried that before. but i never broke out from the blot powder. you returned them both???