MAC palette boo-boo...did I get the wrong sizes?

Pursegrrl

Oh no she di-int!!
O.G.
Jun 1, 2006
Yay! I got a palette for 6 blushes and one for 15 shadows from the hot UPS guy today! :graucho:

But here's my question: the e/s palette had a label "small" on the box. And the holders look too small for the standard MAC e/s? Or is that just an optical illusion? I've seen pics of 15-shadows palettes but didn't know they come in different sizes?

Same question with the blush palette: anyone know if the palette will hold (domed-shaped) mineralized blushes?

I wonder if I just goofed up my purchases or if I'm just a palette noob...TIA for any suggestions? :biggrin:

XXXOO PG

"Small" means for shadows... so you got it right. There are only 2 sizes, now you have to depot!

I think it is very risky to depot the mineralize blushes though. Stick with depotting the regular ones.

"Small" means for shadows... so you got it right. There are only 2 sizes, now you have to depot!

I think it is very risky to depot the mineralize blushes though. Stick with depotting the regular ones.

OK, WHEW! Thanks, Jayne! :tup:. It really IS an optical illusion.

Oh dang do I ever need to depot...I've got 50 - 55 e/s and it's just ridonculous. I think I will do a neutral depot party here soon - just got to confirm my method and get some magnets/labels!!

thanks for the tip on the blushes, too! :biggrin:

OK, WHEW! Thanks, Jayne! :tup:. It really IS an optical illusion.

Oh dang do I ever need to depot...I've got 50 - 55 e/s and it's just ridonculous. I think I will do a neutral depot party here soon - just got to confirm my method and get some magnets/labels!!

thanks for the tip on the blushes, too! :biggrin:

Pursegrrl, Jayne1 is correct it's an optical illusion..I thought I got it wrong until I did the depotting of the shadows..here's an interesting depotting method from a really great MA on youtube the method is really safe and easy, I did it on the first try and It worked out really well..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o--oPgjo43o

Attachments

• mac pro pan.JPG
    mac pro pan.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 94
Pursegrrl, Jayne1 is correct it's an optical illusion..I thought I got it wrong until I did the depotting of the shadows..here's an interesting depotting method from a really great MA on youtube the method is really safe and easy, I did it on the first try and It worked out really well..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o--oPgjo43o

That's a great video! I don't depot my MAC stuff (I'm OCD in the way of liking things in their original packaging) but if I did I'd much rather use that method than heating things up over my straightening iron, lol.

I used to use a candle, but now I use an old flat iron and I much prefer that method. You can walk away, forget the shadow is on the iron, and it still will not ruin the shadow.

Not saying you should do that or anything... :P

I must have 8-9 filled shadow palettes, but just 3 in rotation.

Have fun depotting Pursegrrl!

Sorry if this is o/t, but can you turn in the empty refill pans for B2M? I'm kicking myself right now because I just threw out a couple empty studio stick tubes and an e/s container. Oh... another question. Do you ladies know if I can turn in the old school twist off e/s containers for B2M or do they only accept the flip-top ones? Same goes for l/s... do they also take the old style tube and not just the bullet tubes? I've got some OLD stuff that I want to get rid of.

Have fun depotting Pursegrrl!

Sorry if this is o/t, but can you turn in the empty refill pans for B2M? I'm kicking myself right now because I just threw out a couple empty studio stick tubes and an e/s container. Oh... another question. Do you ladies know if I can turn in the old school twist off e/s containers for B2M or do they only accept the flip-top ones? Same goes for l/s... do they also take the old style tube and not just the bullet tubes? I've got some OLD stuff that I want to get rid of.

any 6 empty mac containers it dosen't matter if it's old school, packaging plastic or glass you can turn in..I recently turned in palettes from 2004 holiday collection and recieved my free e/s..

Haven't bought from Mac in a bit. Just not really into their stuff anymore. I have a ton of palettes, though. I find it's easier, and cheaper!, to just buy the refills. I think they're 11 bucks and you don't have to depot them. When you think about it, it's really even cheaper than the back to mac at full price.

I just finished depotting 50 e/s last month and LOVE the pallets - I use all my colors now that I can see them all at once. Your going to love having them that way. Good luck depotting - I used the candle/knife/pliers method, and umm, sliced thru my thumb with the knife. What we do for beauty huh?

I am so excited to take all my empties B2M and get new lippies!

PG - post some pics of your pallets when you finish!

Haven't bought from Mac in a bit. Just not really into their stuff anymore. I have a ton of palettes, though. I find it's easier, and cheaper!, to just buy the refills. I think they're 11 bucks and you don't have to depot them. When you think about it, it's really even cheaper than the back to mac at full price.
If you are buying from the permanent line, then definitely.

But many of us love the LE stuff and that comes in regular pots only. You have to depot.