MAC or MAM?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I jsut got my first MAC yesterday (FIG) and I love the look of it, but it seems sooooo small to me. I couldn't fit half of what I "need" in it (ended up carrying an "overflow" bag in my car with all the extra junk I carry) So, how were you able to downsize to fit everything in a MAC? I am usually carrying a bag like Nikki or HH Havana size...so this seems so teeny in comparison.

2. for me, the MAC is the perfect size for the stuff that i actually NEED to carry. when i use my MAM, i tend to put stuff in there just to somewhat stuff the bag but i know i won't use half of the things in there.

3. just wondering. i'm not a MAC owner.. YET... but how much can you fit in there?

4. ^^If you do a search in the What in my RM thread there are pics in there of what people carry.

As for me, I think sometimes (and this depends on the person of course) what we think we need is much more than what we actually need. For some people I'm sure a MAC would just be flat out too small but it makes a great every day bag if you don't carry too much. I find that it holds a decent amount of things. :yes:

5. I have found that I really don't use much of the things I had in my bag. I started using a smaller wallet and bag and pared down to the things I actually use and I like it a lot!

6. I don’t currently own a MAC (I know, I know), but one of my most used bags is my 3-zip rocker, which is smaller than a MAC. I find that I don’t actually “need” a lot of stuff day to day, but I tend to adjust according to the size of the bag. I can fit all I really need, usually, in my rocker, but if I’m carrying a MAM or Matinee, I will carry more stuff.

That said, a MAC holds a surprising amount of stuff, AND the longer strap gives you the ability to be hands free, which is really useful.

7. I don't own a MAC any longer but it had more to do with the chain strap than the size. I actually found it was the perfect essentials bag. I tend to carry more stuff (some needed--kids, others, etc). After spending most of my time lugging my entire life around, I really appreciated the freedom of 'traveling light.'

And carrying an extra bag with other stuff isn't a bad idea if you can keep it in the car, etc. Just today, I saw a girl going into a store lugging a huge tote and I thought that it must have been uncomfortable.

Of course, I'm still finding that the nikki and matinee suit me best because I still need more room but I love the freedom of having a light, little bag. I now use the mini b for that purpose.

8. I think the MAC is the perfect size bag! I guess I must not carry much. I can fit all of my essentials in there plus my son's allergy meds and a small toy. I have a toddler who is not yet potty trained (ugh, who knew how tough THAT is!!), and the only thing I can't fit in there is pull-ups and wipes.

9. I switched to small wallet (Card case) and that helps a lot- I don't carry much with me anyway- so the MAC is definitely not too small for me. But I tossed out that huge wallet a long time ago. Also I love big bags and people laugh at me once they sell what I have in that huge bag.

10. I love the MAC and use it for my "going out" bag when my husband and I go somewhere without kids. It will hold my wallet, Blackberry, lipstick, compact, etc. with room left over. However, for my "real life" (work or going somewhere with the kids), I use a MAB. The MAB holds my wallet, Blackberry, and cosmetic bag, plus whatever else I need. I like the fact that it makes it so I don't always have to carry a briefcase for work or a diaper bag with the kids. So, I guess the reason that I love the MAC so much is because it is like a vacation from my regular purse. Does that make sense? Oh, how I miss the days when a MAC could be my everyday purse! :P

11. ^^^:tup: I agree with this. The MAC is the vacation bag from your everyday purse when you can get by with just a few things.

12. "I love the MAC and use it for my "going out" bag"
    I would like to get a MAC for the same reason. I just have to find the one I want. :biggrin:

I don't think I could carry a MAC as my every day bag. Well maybe when my kids get older. But still, I like to have room in my bag. I don't like my stuff all packed tight.

13. I can't use a MAC for everyday, as I have a toddler and need to have some snacks, toy, diaper & wipes with me as well. I still love it though!

14. I agree with the girls who say they cannot use a MAC for everyday but it is the perfect going out, shopping etc. bag! Hands free also. It does hold quite a bit if you downsize your wallet. I use mine to go to ball games and carry my phone, small digital camera, lipgloss, small wallet or pouch along with hand sanitizer and my sunnies! i especially like it for shopping as you can put the reciepts in the front pocket! I love easy organization!

15. I'm new to TPF and RM and looking to buy my first bag. Originally I was going to go with a MBMJ, but RM is definitely less common in my area. I think I'll definitely end up with both of these, but I can't decide which one to get first! Any suggestions on which one would be a great first buy? I'm guessing they both are, but I thought some of you could maybe help make my decision a little easier. There isn't anywhere near me that sells RM so I'm currently making my decision based on online pics. Thanks for any help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice