MAC lipglasses - Rancid?

yarbs83

O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
I've only been into MAC the past year and a half or so. Within that time frame I've purchased quite a few dazzle glasses and lip glasses. I just picked up a C thru gloss a few months ago - maybe 3? I've used it once or twice and now it has a really rancid scent to it. I've noticed within the past 4-5 months most of my lip glasses and dazzle glasses have turned bad and some I've only used once or twice!

Is this common with MAC? Or am I just getting unlucky products? They're kept out of the sun and stored in a train case. I debated taking them back to see if I could do an exchange but I always toss my makeup receipts right away since I use the product.

That's odd!! I have so many lipglasses that I only used once or twice and forget about it but they never turn bad on me yet. I still have some from Hello Kitty and Dame Edna that are over a year now and still good. Do you keep your makeup in the bathroom?

That's odd!! I have so many lipglasses that I only used once or twice and forget about it but they never turn bad on me yet. I still have some from Hello Kitty and Dame Edna that are over a year now and still good. Do you keep your makeup in the bathroom?

I think it must just be random that I'm getting "bad" glosses! I know so many with tons more than I own that have been perfectly fine for so long.

This has happened with ones bought at the counter and at the CCO so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I actually keep my makeup in a spare bedroom near my vanity. I'm so stumped at why this is happening, hmmm.

Yikes, sorry to hear that. I've had quite a few lipglasses - many are over a year or two old and just stand up on my dresser and haven't gone bad :shrugs:.

I wonder if there are batches of them that got left in the sun or in a warm warehouse during shipping so they were already set to go "bad"? I'm really reaching here so I'm not sure!

XXXOO PG

This has happen to me the last few times I bought MAC lipglass as well!!!!

I was buying them from the outlet mall so I assumed that was the reason why -- they were old, discoutinued products. After 3-bad purchases I stopped buying my products from the MAC outlet.

Sorry that happened to you! I've always wondered if lipglosses get "old", but so far I haven't noticed anything from the ones I've bought a few years ago. I'm sure 5 years or more would have to have some type of effect.

Thanks for sharing guys! I did buy a few from the CCO - but the latest one that went bad is only 3 months old from the counter. You know, the MA did tell me they were doing inventory and I got the last C thru lipglass they had so I'm wondering if somehow it was an old product. I really wish I would have kept my receipt!