MAC in Blood Red or Bright Red - Which one would you keep? With Comparison Pics :)

asin

as in asian
Mar 11, 2008
So I wanted the MAC in Bright Red. Red is such a classic color and I thought I couldn't go wrong with it, and I've always thought if I was gonna have one red bag, it'd be a classic, bright lipstick red. I inadvertently bought the the bag in Blood Red online and the seller did not offer refunds... so I had to keep it. Even though the Blood Red is pretty... I felt like I wasn't fulfilled because I didn't get exactly what I wanted.

I ended up also buying a MAC in Bright Red. However, when I received it, I started having mixed feelings. The Blood Red seems to be more striking than the Lipstick Red. The hardware on the Blood Red is a deeper gold and the whole bag has more character. The Bright Red looks a little generic and the pale gold hardware is too nondescript. Also, I worry that the Lipstick Red may be too "young" for me since it's so bright. I'm almost 28 and have been trying to dress a little more sophisticated these days (cutting back on the Forever 21 style clothes, for example...) and the Blood Red comes off as a more sophisticated looking bag to me.

Well, what do y'all think? I'm not gonna keep both bags since they're so similar, and will be putting one on eBay. Which one should I keep? Which one would you keep?

To summarize, the factors that matter to me are:

-Which is an overall nicer looking bag
-Which one goes with more outfits and colors
-Whether the Bright Red is too "young" looking for a 28 year old
-Perhaps which one I'll have an easier time selling back on eBay

Note: The colors in the pictures aren't 100% accurate. The Blood Red is a little deeper IRL. The hardware on the Blood Red is deep gold while on the Bright red it's light gold. This doesn't show in the pics.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• DSC00749.JPG
    DSC00749.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC00750.JPG
    DSC00750.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 418
  • DSC00751.JPG
    DSC00751.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC00748.JPG
    DSC00748.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 589
I like them both, honestly. But if I were to only keep one, I'd keep the one on the left in the photos (the darker red color). For me, it seems like it's more versatile and also more classic.

I think the Blood Red is more versatile. I think the orange-red makes the bag too Summer-y, versus the Blood Red which seems like it could be used all year.

Overall, both bags look really nice. I think that the Blood Red would go with more outfits than the Bright Red because it's a darker color and you can use it year-round. I tend to mostly carry bright bags in the warmer weather (not sure if you do that too), so I probably wouldn't use the Bright Red during the winter. I don't think that the Bright Red is too "young" because it looks pretty classic, but since I think you're going for something more versatile, I'd keep the Blood Red. As for the reselling factor, I'm not really sure about that because I've never bought/sold bags on eBay.

So I wanted the MAC in Bright Red. Red is such a classic color and I thought I couldn't go wrong with it, and I've always thought if I was gonna have one red bag, it'd be a classic, bright lipstick red. I inadvertently bought the the bag in Blood Red online and the seller did not offer refunds... so I had to keep it. Even though the Blood Red is pretty... I felt like I wasn't fulfilled because I didn't get exactly what I wanted.

I ended up also buying a MAC in Bright Red. However, when I received it, I started having mixed feelings. The Blood Red seems to be more striking than the Lipstick Red. The hardware on the Blood Red is a deeper gold and the whole bag has more character. The Bright Red looks a little generic and the pale gold hardware is too nondescript. Also, I worry that the Lipstick Red may be too "young" for me since it's so bright. I'm almost 28 and have been trying to dress a little more sophisticated these days (cutting back on the Forever 21 style clothes, for example...) and the Blood Red comes off as a more sophisticated looking bag to me.

Well, what do y'all think? I'm not gonna keep both bags since they're so similar, and will be putting one on eBay. Which one should I keep? Which one would you keep?

To summarize, the factors that matter to me are:

-Which is an overall nicer looking bag
-Which one goes with more outfits and colors
-Whether the Bright Red is too "young" looking for a 28 year old
-Perhaps which one I'll have an easier time selling back on eBay

Note: The colors in the pictures aren't 100% accurate. The Blood Red is a little deeper IRL. The hardware on the Blood Red is deep gold while on the Bright red it's light gold. This doesn't show in the pics.

Thanks for reading!

Without a doubt, the blood red is MUCH better looking. :smile: