MAC Holiday Pigment Help!

May 12, 2006
I bought two of the holiday pigment sets today (my first time with pigments!!!) and the SA was beyond RUDE!!! That could be a thread in its self...anyway, I was wondering how the heck do I get the pigment out/on my brush without wasteing it!?! I know a little goes a long way...however, the lid is not big enough for me to use that way. So what do I do? Rude SA said I should dump out onto a tissue...I still think this might waste it. Should I buy those little MAC jars and dump into those so I could use the lid?:confused1:

No problem! It takes a bit more time since it is a smaller brush, but it's no biggie. Here's a picture of it in comparison to the bottle.

Attachments

• IMG_9283.jpg
    IMG_9283.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 98
Sorry to intervene in this thread but I have a noobie question that I hope some experts can answer:

Is there like a sealing gel I can buy that would sort of foil the pigments together when I apply them onto a lid so they are even more intense sparkly ? :confused1:

I have clear travel jars that I bought at a beauty supply store and I transfer the pigments into those containers. They are much easier to get pigment out of those little gift set jars.

And I use MAC mixing medium for eyeliner. It's a pro item, but I just call customer service to place an an order.

I have clear travel jars that I bought at a beauty supply store and I transfer the pigments into those containers. They are much easier to get pigment out of those little gift set jars.

And I use MAC mixing medium for eyeliner. It's a pro item, but I just call customer service to place an an order.

I think this is what I'm going to do...I used a smaller brush today, but still felt like it was all over the place:Push:

Sorry to intervene in this thread but I have a noobie question that I hope some experts can answer:

Is there like a sealing gel I can buy that would sort of foil the pigments together when I apply them onto a lid so they are even more intense sparkly ? :confused1:
I heard somewhere to put a drop of eyedrops on your hand then dab your brush on it with the pigment already on it and this should work better than using water. I've worn my pigments that way and it is great. Just make sure you don't double dip in your pigment jar with the eye drops cuz I also heard you can cause bacteria to grow in there. HTH.

^^I was waiting for the sealing gel to come back in stock during the whole F&F sale! I even got an email saying it was back, so I ordered one but ended up having my order cancelled. :sad: I heard the MUFE version ruins your e/s if you put the drops directly on the pan because the e/s hardens and becomes unuseable. Has anyone out there tried the Illamasqua gel? I would love to hear more reviews other than from MUA.