MAC help

KatherineCStyles

Aug 2, 2020
Hey everyone. It’s my first time posting here but I’ve begun adding to my handbag collection and I’m starting with a few I’ve had on my list for awhile but I’ve got some questions before purchasing.
I will be purchasing second hand for reference.

Ive wanted a MAC and a mini MAC for so long, I want the MAC in all black but all the ones I’ve looked at have had a lot of chipping on the hardware. And with the mini MAC I’m finding the gold seems to be tarnishing.

Is this common for these bags and is there a way to fix it?

samfalstaff

For crying out loud...
May 31, 2013
San Rafael, California
Hey everyone. It’s my first time posting here but I’ve begun adding to my handbag collection and I’m starting with a few I’ve had on my list for awhile but I’ve got some questions before purchasing.
I will be purchasing second hand for reference.

Ive wanted a MAC and a mini MAC for so long, I want the MAC in all black but all the ones I’ve looked at have had a lot of chipping on the hardware. And with the mini MAC I’m finding the gold seems to be tarnishing.

Is this common for these bags and is there a way to fix it?
I haven't experienced any chipping, but I have seen some tarnishing. Especially with some of the older bags that have brass HW. Some people have used Parker and Bailey Brass and Copper Polish. Others use Brasso. I haven't used either yet but plan to use the Parker and Bailey's soon on my MABs.

LipglossedX

Apr 1, 2017
I know this was posted a month ago... but just wanted to give some feedback. I had a Mini Mac with black hardware that did chip quite a bit and have avoided it since. The black is just painted on so I don't think there's a way to fix it aside with black nail polish to cover a small chip? I sold mine and now have one with gunmetal hardware, which holds up great and gives a similar look. I would also say don't be afraid of the gold hardware as I've seen a lot of preowned ones still in good shape.