MAC help

KatherineCStyles

Aug 2, 2020
Hey everyone. It’s my first time posting here but I’ve begun adding to my handbag collection and I’m starting with a few I’ve had on my list for awhile but I’ve got some questions before purchasing.
I will be purchasing second hand for reference.

Ive wanted a MAC and a mini MAC for so long, I want the MAC in all black but all the ones I’ve looked at have had a lot of chipping on the hardware. And with the mini MAC I’m finding the gold seems to be tarnishing.

Is this common for these bags and is there a way to fix it?

Hey everyone. It’s my first time posting here but I’ve begun adding to my handbag collection and I’m starting with a few I’ve had on my list for awhile but I’ve got some questions before purchasing.
I will be purchasing second hand for reference.

Ive wanted a MAC and a mini MAC for so long, I want the MAC in all black but all the ones I’ve looked at have had a lot of chipping on the hardware. And with the mini MAC I’m finding the gold seems to be tarnishing.

Is this common for these bags and is there a way to fix it?
I haven't experienced any chipping, but I have seen some tarnishing. Especially with some of the older bags that have brass HW. Some people have used Parker and Bailey Brass and Copper Polish. Others use Brasso. I haven't used either yet but plan to use the Parker and Bailey's soon on my MABs.

I know this was posted a month ago... but just wanted to give some feedback. I had a Mini Mac with black hardware that did chip quite a bit and have avoided it since. The black is just painted on so I don't think there's a way to fix it aside with black nail polish to cover a small chip? I sold mine and now have one with gunmetal hardware, which holds up great and gives a similar look. I would also say don't be afraid of the gold hardware as I've seen a lot of preowned ones still in good shape.