MAC glitter pigments.

bebedawl

O.G.
Jan 14, 2008
Has anyone got any examples of how to use glitter pigments? Thanks! I recieved one as a gift and the colour is gorgeous - I think it's jewel marine? - but I'm not sure how to use it to a great advantage.

You can apply it alone to your lid or over eyeshadow, which is my favorite way to use pigment. MAC e/s are already pretty pigmented..but if you are using a color that is very matte and want to add some sparkle, apply pigment over it. Also you can wet a liner brush and apply the pigment on the lower lashline. It looks very dramatic and really pretty :tup:

I don't think their glitters are eye safe. But I use them around my eyes anyway. Just make sure you don't get any in your eye. For an all over glitter on my lids I put a tiny bit of eyelash glue all over and pat some on carefully with a brush. I also use eyelash glue as a liner and add the glitter on. I try not to do this as an all day thing just so I have less chance of the glitter falling in my eyes or on my face. But it looks cute for night looks.

^ I am the same way! The fallout can get pretty bad if you don't have a good, sticky base...and glitter is basically shards of metal so there's no way I'm putting a lot around my eyes. It sucks because now I have all these pretty glitter pigments I don't use often :/

I wear contacts so fallout is a big No. I use the glitter pigments in nail polish. They work beautifully. I'm going to try with a mixing medium and report back. I have one from the MAC Pro store that I've never used.

I usually only use pigments for photography makeup and when I do, I dab vaseline on the eyelid and dust the pigment over it or just use a damp brush to apply. It doesn't last that long with just water but it works for the photo :smile: I've heard that the mixing medium feels a bit funny when it dries but the payoff is so worth it I'm sure.

I usually will mix mine with another regualar eyeshadow and you will see both the the glitter pigment and the color it was mixed with. And if used alone I will break up the pigments with a eyeshadwo brush before putting on the eyelids to make them look like a regular eyeshadow so there will be no fall out. I have copper sparkle and i mix that with everything and the outcome is always a good one.

mixing medium is great stuff!
i also take an eye brush, tap it gently into the glitter residue that is on the underside of the glitter cap, and then tap it over my nails (so they scatter evenly) after i finish my top coat. my favorite is 3d gold for that.