MAC Foundation help please

Jan 19, 2008
UK
I recently went to Mac for a new foundation - and was recommended Studio Fix Fluid in NC37. I regularly fake tan so that's not my natural skin colour, and I'd say that naturally I have a more pinky toned skin but that doesn't really suit me in foundations.

The thing I've noticed with NC37 is that sometimes it can look very yellowy/orange on my skin and a bit too 'fake' looking - I'm thinking of getting another colour and blending the two to get a perfect match, but I don't know whether to get a lighter NC or a similar NW? The NC37 isn't really too dark for me, but I don't like my skin looking pinky....what would you suggest?

Nov 2, 2007
Florida
Ask the MAC pro at the store if she can mix the two together to see if you get a match with it. I have blonde hair and I require NC30 which is kinda yellow because it has a yellow undertone to it. Whereas NW has more of a peachy/pink color undertone.

If you mix an NW & an NC you will most likely get a great match.

Jan 19, 2008
UK
Yeah you're probably right about getting them to mix some for me...but my nearest Mac counter is like an hour away so was hoping I might be able to buy one online :sad:

devoted7

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
I have that same problem too. why don't you go back to mac without make up and let them match you again. I had to have them match me 4 times until I got the color I wanted/ looked best! good luck!

Jan 19, 2008
UK
Yeah that is a good idea, just that Mac is about an hour away! Does anyone now how the NCs and NWs correspond? Like is a 30 in one the same as the other?

devoted7

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
With MAC's new foundation, you may want to step down in color. Like the new foundation is a little darker than regular foundations. Have you wore MAC before? What's your regular foundation? If anything, I would contact MAC Live Chat tomorrow, they will be able to help you.

Also, IMO: I find that NC's are a little yellow...I really have to buff out my foundation and add a powder to it. I find that "C" foundations worked better for my skin.

angelnyc89

Jul 1, 2009
I think you should go a shade down. Order several shades lower online and return the ones that dont work. I hope you find the perfect shade! :biggrin: