MAC Eyeshadows, new to me, just bought these.

Hmm.. To get black tied to show up sparkly you neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a great base, I suggest Urban Decay Primer potion! Also you have to pat the black down onto your lid, you cant sweep it across of the sparles fall off.

You also have to pull in a brown eyeshadow in that combo itll be your blending color, so the black blends into the highlight moreso. I suggest espresso!

Those eyeshadows are beautiful! I think I might have to buy Blacktied!! :nuts:
IMO the best method for doing the smokey eyed look came from Britney Spears' former makeup artist (back before she was a hot mess lol) ...

He said, put your eye makeup (minus mascara) on a bare face before you apply anything else. That way you can just wipe off mistakes without ruining your foundation.

Next, apply liquid foundation with a sponge, blending very carefully around the eyes so you don't smear your shadow. Set the foundation under your eyes right away with loose powder so the makeup doesn't have a chance to smear...

Apply blush next, then set the rest of your face with a loose powder, blending in that powder beneath your eyes. Apply gloss and mascara last so you don't get powder on it...

The end result is a "clean" smokey-eyed look that doesn't end up all over your face! :tup:

Thats a really good tip, i'm going to try it as i always end up in such a mess when i use black eye shadow!

I got them today... I don't really have time to try them out until like Monday... So I will post pics hopefully of my success.

Thanks guys.

The whiteish one I got is like WHITE... so IDK about that one.

Vellum is an iridescent color... if you apply it over black e/s like Black tied it should change to a blue/violet hue. It's one of my favs, but not for highlighting under the browbone, more for the lower lashline to add a blue glow to the black. For highlightling rather get Nylon