MAC eyeshadow: which finish?!?

mzballs

Mar 12, 2008
Hello,

I am looking to get a MAC eyeshadow to use as eyeliner and I am not sure which finish would work best. I am going between Black Tied and Carbon; BT has a velvet finish and Carbon has a matte finish. Any suggestions for which would work best?

TIA!!!

Yes I would try Carbon first. Black Tied has a little bit of sparkle which is gorgeous but I love it on the lids or the outer corners to really show it off as opposed to Carbon.

Have fun!

Yes I would try Carbon first. Black Tied has a little bit of sparkle which is gorgeous but I love it on the lids or the outer corners to really show it off as opposed to Carbon.

Have fun!

Thanks Pursegrrl! I didn't realize that BT had sparkle and that wouldn't work for me as an everyday liner. But, it would be totally fun for a night out :yahoo:

I am ordering carbon now; I love internet shopping!!

^ it comes off really plum on me. its a nice purple.

lol im practically an e/s newbie. i have just began to experiment. i love the hot contrast! i wet my brush to make the colors pop more.

I agree with Carbon too. It was actually my first MAC eyeshadow and I bought it solely to use as eyeliner. Applied slightly damp with an angled brush = perfection.